• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple of the bruisers we generally take out. Big strong bulldogs (50 & 56lbs) and the white headed one has a good nose on him as well.

We have tons of them and they are very cleaver animals. We hunt at night and so do they, so naturally we run into problems with them. They will do some amazing things and go to great lengths to lure t

Posted Images

I nearly shot one of these last year.

My son and I had to spit up in order to round up the dogs that lit off after it. The strange thing was it was so curious about us. It would trot off really slow for a few feet..... look back at us like it was as curious about us as we were it. The dogs finaly ran it off, but not before I realized I was looking at a red wolf or cross more likely. It could have easily went 50+ pounds. I'm glad it escaped... they are protected here.

When I was a little kid I would always see the ones the ranchers shot hanging off fence posts on my way to church on Sundays. I thought it was cool as hell but aparantly they killed most of them off..... SO they get a pass.... yotes on the other hand wont.

• Like 1

are they crossbreeding with wolves in the eastern part of the U.S..probably the only type of north american wildlife that benifited from the white mans arrival.

I've heard reports of them crossbreedings but they ones I've spotted weren't as massive I believe we mostly just deal with pure coyotes.

The coyotes are pretty invasive up here and are all around. Have done a good job of wiping out the groundhogs up here. We bring pitbulls along just in case but I do know of someone who lost a very good JRT to the coyotes and a guy from Poland who goes out with us who lost a young Jagd.

Hey Naustroms....Tell the Polish guy we've got some pretty nice Polish jagds here from Rafal Idzik. They hunt their tails off and are small enough and sharp enough for groundhog. We get a litter with some extras and I'd be happy to send him one. The one we'll be breeding is Duvadirto Jojo the dog in my avitar. He's spannable with nuckles to spare.

• Like 2

How do you prevent it URU? Do your dogs hunt in close enough so that you can intervene if it comes to that? No disrespect intended man...everyone uses these dogs in their own way and their is no WRONG way as far as I'm concerned. I'll dig up some pictures of the heavy weights.

• Like 2

The coyotes are pretty invasive up here and are all around. Have done a good job of wiping out the groundhogs up here. We bring pitbulls along just in case but I do know of someone who lost a very good JRT to the coyotes and a guy from Poland who goes out with us who lost a young Jagd.

Hey Naustroms....Tell the Polish guy we've got some pretty nice Polish jagds here from Rafal Idzik. They hunt their tails off and are small enough and sharp enough for groundhog. We get a litter with some extras and I'd be happy to send him one. The one we'll be breeding is Duvadirto Jojo the dog in my avitar. He's spannable with nuckles to spare.

Thats a hell of an offer I'll pass along the word and pm you.

you American fellas get some good sport with your dogs, I know for a fact id have great pleasure in working the yotes. fair play to yas for getting out and doing a bit. did yous ever use any other terrier breeds other than the jagds? have any of you ever been charged by bears while the dogs were killing the yotes?

you American fellas get some good sport with your dogs, I know for a fact id have great pleasure in working the yotes. fair play to yas for getting out and doing a bit. did yous ever use any other terrier breeds other than the jagds? have any of you ever been charged by bears while the dogs were killing the yotes?

No but the yotes will sometimes locate hogs for hunters in areas where they are frequently hunted. The will start sounding off before the dogs hit the ground. They have learned it often means a free meal so they lend a hand. But when the hog is caught the brave ones sometimes come in and nip the dogs on the ass trying to get to the prize. They are clever b*****ds... and terrier killers. I'm no yote hunter but I've declared war on them this year. I'll even try calling them in with the foxpro just to wipe out as many as possible. I don't know how successful I will be....But they are pretty brave here so maybe I'll wipe a few out.

• Like 2

Do you not use specific stag hounds for yotes as in other states.Know nothing about it but surely a greyhound cross strong dog would have no trouble dealing with one .Might be talking out my arse but thats how i see it . Ps keep pics coming as this is very interesting for us Brits'.

• Like 1