Fathers & Sons

mine set the bar high me and my brother spent our whole lifes trying to impress him by being good at sports and business -- it wasn't until much later in his life he told us he was proud of us..he had his first heart attack aged 48 and had 2 more and loads of big bypass opps it never stopped him from grafting --he retired when he was 67 and died of pneumonia aged 69 --- he told me and my brother on his death bed don't be like me and work yourselfs into the ground and do the things you want to do ,,its the old saying lifes to short ..

• Like 3

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mine will do owt for me. always been around even tho my mam wasnt. picked up the pieces and raised 4 boys. couple went wayward and he stuck by them, theres been punch ups, arguments, tears, upset...bu

Mine is deed. And it really flooks me off seeing folk talk to there ole man like shit or even have nowt to do with them... but there again if he was still here we would probs be just like most other f

I get on great with my dad (Borderscot) he has taught me loads about dogs and hunting and he has never let me or my brothers or sisters down.   We spend loads of time together with the dogs could no

I have a good relationship with mine but it hasn't always been good , me and my dad are very much alike and from a young age I followed him everywhere . my dad taught me all about fieldsports took me nesting ,shooting,ferreting and the like and would listen to question after question from me . when I got to a teenager I became a arsehole a no it all with a gob and we had fight after fight . I got into shit time and time again with the law and got my girlfriend pregnant at 17, after my lad was born I did some serious growing up and me and my dad became close again I realised everthing he had said and tried to tell me was the truth and he was right . nobody in are family are interested in fieldsports just me and him and none of my boys seem to keen so I talk a lot with him about my hunting and stuff . im proud hes proud of me and I love him very much and when I lose him it will leave a big hole in my life .

didn't speak to my old man for 28 years and sad really cos he was mad in to the dogs same as me he, . missed his grandchildren growing up and representing their country at sport plus all the other things grandparents do with the grandkids and nothing to do with me he could have seen them anytime he wanted ..never really liked my old man even as a kid when I was brought up by my nan from 6 months old . I did make up with him when he was dying but even then it was pressure from his family and my sisters tha ti did make up my son and daughter are like my brother and sister I had them so young but nothing on this earth would ever break our relationship up ime proudest bloke on earth with them and what they have achieved in their lives and also with my 4 grandchildren

Edited by boyo
  • Like 1