New Heating System

Very nice mate. Ive just ordered a wood burning stove, getting it fitted in october. I will put some pics up. Just been out this afty and collected 2 van loads of driftwood already!! Canny wait!!!

careful with the driftwood mate, the salt water in it ain't great for cast iron stoves, or so I was told somewhere once when I asked about using it.. :thumbs:

Malts right. Thats not the best idea, though you can burn it outside. :thumbs:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I`ve finally done it. I installed a heating system consisting of a woodburning boiler stove, a muckle great solar panel and a back up system gas boiler. All feeding a 260 ltr thermal store in the loft

Is there anything more manly than donning a padded shirt and wooly hat to split logs for your fire?   I think not!

Some good comments there blokes,   Yeh, I`m convinced its a great move, even buying in logs should cost less than running gas. I also come home from walking teh dogs with a new tree trunk every day

Posted Images

Some good comments there blokes,

Yeh, I`m convinced its a great move, even buying in logs should cost less than running gas. I also come home from walking teh dogs with a new tree trunk every day ! hahahaha total wood magpie, I just sling it over ma shoulder and get the chainsaw oot later.

During the summer, the one solar panel should give me all my hot water (maybe the odd burst from the gas). Coupla weeks ago, it was a nice day, so I forced off the gas, and the panel took the Thermal store temp to 57 deg, which gave me a lovely HOT shower,, for FECKALL

Well apart from the bloody fortune I have spent on the system ! :whistling:

Im` not looking to make money back, I just want the place cheaper to run for when I jack in the north sea.

Saying that, I`ll also be getting payed a feed in tarrif for being an energy producer with the solar installation, so that will be nice.

My logstore ( the gardens finished and is like somit fi a catalouge now,, lovely ,, thanks son ! )

fulllogstore004_zps6e4ca8b4.jpg

• Like 3

Nice log store that Rake ...that woodburner will save you a tidy few quid , its the only heating I've got in my barn , I put the underfloor heating in but have never connected it up , I stuffed the place with insulation when I did the conversion ever wall , under the concrete slab , between the floors , the roof is 200mm thick . then a space age thermal wrap before the oak boarding went on .....my heating bill last year was £400 that I spent on a saw bench for the tractor ...free wood is the way forward .My wife has got used to me stopping the van & dragging branches in & to find a tree blown down ......stand clear !!!!

got a huge wood burner in my cottage pumps out a hell of a lot of heat but in the winter months we go through a ton of wood a month :icon_eek: thats just eves and weekends got a nice little pile of wood im happy cutting through on the weekends

Rake aboot, thats a top woodstore youve got there!!!!!

Look decidedly middle class to me, bet the posh wanker's got a footman to send outside for the logs when the temp starts dropping and all! :tongue2:

Not jealous because mines less than half that size and knocked together from some scrap wood my neighbour gave me or nothing.. :whistling::laugh:

looks spot on that mate, im a plumber/heating engineer by trade so its always interested me this stuff, trying to think on the best ways/systems to link together and encorporate it. one of the best ones i saw recently (money saving wise) was ground source heating, which has the draw back of having to have the pump running constantly) so the bloke put some pv panels on the roof to run that, free heat from the ground, free electric to run the pump...

i much prefer yours tho, that log burner looks spot on.

Malt , you twat,, middle class my arse ! lol I go out on my grotty jammies and slippers mate ! hahahahahayha or the missus does it cause I`m a lazy twat

I reckon when I get the chance I`ll stick on another Solar thermal system, and also,, I want to fit two rows of Solar PV to the garage roof as well. Not looked fully into that yet.

• Like 1