New Heating System

Really would love to do this............Surrounded by forestry theres plenty trees that fall over... :whistling: and you cant beat the real fire heat. After watching countryfile i would also like to look into sticking loads of solar panels in my field and getting a rent....... :D

ffs crack on lab you`ll save a fortune.

Pure money issues mate..........change of career for me as we speak so hopefully i can make something off it........... :yes:;)

what you goin into?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I`ve finally done it. I installed a heating system consisting of a woodburning boiler stove, a muckle great solar panel and a back up system gas boiler. All feeding a 260 ltr thermal store in the loft

Is there anything more manly than donning a padded shirt and wooly hat to split logs for your fire?   I think not!

Some good comments there blokes,   Yeh, I`m convinced its a great move, even buying in logs should cost less than running gas. I also come home from walking teh dogs with a new tree trunk every day

Posted Images

I`ve finally done it. I installed a heating system consisting of a woodburning boiler stove, a muckle great solar panel and a back up system gas boiler. All feeding a 260 ltr thermal store in the loft,

My loft looks like Frankenstein's laboratory, but the system works great.

All three systems heat the water in the store, which then heats the mains cold water, turning it into instant mains hot water.

The solar has been providing a fair bit of heat already, so I might extend that part of the system when I have the cash.

But the best bit is ,,,,

kettle003_zps96157d04.jpg

How cool is that ! :laugh:

By my guess, the gas boiler will be redundant for most of the time and can be forced off, so that you have to stick a fire on for heat and water.. Lovely.

Very nice! You'v got it made this winter. Though we wouldn't get away with those clearances over here. Not without heat sheilds anyway.

ATB

Very nice mate. Ive just ordered a wood burning stove, getting it fitted in october. I will put some pics up. Just been out this afty and collected 2 van loads of driftwood already!! Canny wait!!!

Edited by trappa

Very nice mate. Ive just ordered a wood burning stove, getting it fitted in october. I will put some pics up. Just been out this afty and collected 2 van loads of driftwood already!! Canny wait!!!

careful with the driftwood mate, the salt water in it ain't great for cast iron stoves, or so I was told somewhere once when I asked about using it.. :thumbs:

Really would love to do this............Surrounded by forestry theres plenty trees that fall over... :whistling: and you cant beat the real fire heat. After watching countryfile i would also like to look into sticking loads of solar panels in my field and getting a rent....... :D

Pure money issues mate..........change of career for me as we speak so hopefully i can make something off it........... :yes:;)

what you goin into?

Fencing.......:-)

• Like 1

what you goin into?

How you going to make money out of that? :blink:

En Garde!!

post-8371-0-34613700-1378911730_thumb.jpg

:tongue2:

what you goin into?

Better sticking with pheasants.

Trying to squeeze money out of farmers hands will put you in an early grave.

Couldn't fit a rizla paper between there arse cheeks there that tight.

• Like 1

careful with the driftwood mate, the salt water in it ain't great for cast iron stoves, or so I was told somewhere once when I asked about using it.. :thumbs:

I had a little fire on the beach and the driftwood was burning blue and it stunk lol, is that the usual or is it just Hartlepool pollution?? Lol

what you goin into?

thought you did that already or do you mean the other type of fencing? lol

I had a little fire on the beach and the driftwood was burning blue and it stunk lol, is that the usual or is it just Hartlepool pollution?? Lol

in your gangs den :whistling:

• Like 1

in your gangs den :whistling:

Aye if you class me and the dogs as a gang :laugh: