External Speaker ....?

Needs to have a 3.5mm / earphone jack plug. Smaller the better ~ but decent quality. For outdoor use.

I have an MP3 Player and want to use it as a sound lure, outdoors. I'm sure I've come across them before. Used for fox calling.

Be most grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction, please?

Thanks.

I use X-mini2's with my laptop/phone/mp3, dunno how weather proof they'd be but they sure do make an impressive noise for their size thanks to having a self powered amp and expanding body to create a bass tube. I got mine through eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/x-mini-2-portable-speaker

The other good thing about them is you can 'daisy chain' them, so the louder you want it, the more of them you plug together! I have two which is enough to fill a medium-sized village hall with reasonable sound.

I'll be using mine to try and attract sparrows, Jim. For ringing. But, as said, I've heard of such set ups being used to draw other things. Perhaps you could put yours in a KFC box, for protection against the elements, plus that irresistible lure aspect. Play kebab sounds and the f**kers will come running! :D

Cheers, The Monkey. Yeah, the reviews on Amazon were excellent. There's another one on there I was looking at. Little, brushed aluminium pod. But, that was said to be noticeably weighty (the last thing I want is extra weight to lug around).

Also, rather too many people found their speaker simply didn't work and they were having shit with the seller over it. Sod that. I went with this one :yes: