4 MONTH OLD PUP

Guest elstudro1986

Guest elstudro1986

as alot of yous will no now off previous posts ive got a 4 month old second cross bull greyhound dog MAX he is 19 inch tts and weighes around about the 2 or 2 1/2 stone mark. i have done alot of what yous have said on here let him be a pup which i have and start training off slowly which i have and still am.

he will now sit on command lie on command and is mint on the lead untill he see s some one and just wants to jump up on them and say hello. he is a pain in the bum most times when off the lead on the local fields. i have had him out mooching with the gun a couple of times and he is not bothered about the bangs which is good.he is ok with the ferrets now after previously killing my young hob and when he is on the lead he aint really bothered about the farmers beasts yet.

what else should i be doing now training wise and how big should he make fully

cheers mick

heres pics of the dog 2 is him aged 8 weeks and the other 2 is about 2 weeks old will have to get more updated one

post-7746-1188335916.jpg

post-7746-1188336146.jpg

post-7746-1188336189.jpg

post-7746-1188336235.jpg

Edited by elstudro1986

Guest little_lloyd

Nice pup :thumbs: Mines four months now and im (trying) :laugh: to get him used to Ferrets/Livestock. He's retrieving a bit now, Trained on and of lead.

Edited by little_lloyd
Guest elstudro1986

without trying to sound too funny lads yous have replied basically what ive said im already doing is there anything else i should be doing or just stick at this for a bit?

mick

hows the recall going with and with out distractions in the back garden ? start playing with him lots of fetch and release get a longer lead and practice his re call around the livestock (if your allowed) do lots of this until you can get him to you with out his mind wandering you say hes a pain in the bum how do you mean whats he doing ? dont allow him to jump up at people when someone approaches you dont let them talk to the dog straight away they must ignore him when he is calm they can say hello if he jumps up stop giving him attention he will learn that jumping up stops him playing and will stop it

dont expect too much , its only a pup just keep at its training....although i do have a bitch that caught her first rabbit at 4 1/2 months old, she raced it for about 30 secs and caught it in a field...but expect it be a longtime if ever before i get a pup to do that again....it was accidental it was while walking through a park

• 4 weeks later...
as alot of yous will no now off previous posts ive got a 4 month old second cross bull greyhound dog MAX he is 19 inch tts and weighes around about the 2 or 2 1/2 stone mark. i have done alot of what yous have said on here let him be a pup which i have and start training off slowly which i have and still am.

he will now sit on command lie on command and is mint on the lead untill he see s some one and just wants to jump up on them and say hello. he is a pain in the bum most times when off the lead on the local fields. i have had him out mooching with the gun a couple of times and he is not bothered about the bangs which is good.he is ok with the ferrets now after previously killing my young hob and when he is on the lead he aint really bothered about the farmers beasts yet.

cheers mick

heres pics of the dog 2 is him aged 8 weeks and the other 2 is about 2 weeks old will have to get more updated one

S**T Dog

destined for a rescue centre i think

cheers mick

S**T Dog

destined for a rescue centre i think

:clapper::clapper::clapper::yes:

Patience and then more patience.

Stick at what you are doing. Just work on basic obedience and stock breaking. Get him exposed to as much as you can, working on getting him used to anything that might crop up from cats to gun fire.

Depending on his character it could be quite some months before he needs to much else.

This season, take him ferreting, let him get used to the idea that the ferrets are gonna provide him with sport.

good luck with him.