2013/2014 Season - Day One

Went out last sunday 1st of september with my ferreting partner, (yorkshirenath) got to the farm mid afternoon as i was busy in the morning, its not got loads of sets but a fair few, so we got to the first set, and its quite a big one had a evaluate and set the nets, as we approached the set we knew there where rabbits in there as yorkshirenath saw 2 go down to ground so we knew we could be in here........

Anyway ferrets down to ground and everything set i started to have a wander with my locator found the ferret had come between my legs and sounded as if she was holding something to ground, a few seconds passed and i heard a almighty bang! Nathan then shouted 'look'! As i turn round a rabbit came from in between my legs and escaped un touched! I looked down and saw a mouse sized bolt hole covered in dock leaves that we'd missed. DAMN! We had a laugh about it and carried on ferreted 2 more sets without a sniffel, wasnt bothered as we had a good laugh and a good 1st day, cheers lads.

Tom

• Like 3