Hunting Tales

R.A.W

Well as ever folks there's not much happening on this section so I thought i'd try to bring it back to life by asking you all to share a hunting tale or experience with us all.

there's bound to be a few old heads out there that have a couple of days that stick in the mind for the right or even the wrongs reasons. I'd love to hear a few story's of the days gone by .

many thanks RAW

• 3 weeks later...

i think one the best days hunting ive had, has to be with the e, essex,when john oshea hunted them,and they met at a farm nr, sturmer, the day started well, a cool janurary morning , i was doing terriers then and working in kennels,i cant exactly remember where they found charlie, but he went,and they hunted him for a good while , before disapearing up a pipe,anyhow the day went on and as the time went the day got cooler like it does that time of the year, about 3.30, they started to hack back to the box as it were getting dimpsey,and as john blew for home ,hounds found another fox at the back of a church in a bramble patch, and were gone, nothing were goin to change their minds,he headed toward the main road, so the whip was after them, and i drove round to main road, to watch the traffic, i was to late old charlie ahd crossed, and the hounds were scrabbling over a fence after him, it all happened to quick , the whip was no where to be seen, and i could just hear john, calling them back,by this tme it were proper dark and the hounds were somwhere between birdbrook and toppesfield, the whip did turn up with john, who was cussing everyone, i got to where the hounds where at the back of mr chinnerys farm, they had caught their fox,so i waited with hounds until word was sent to john,when we eventually got back to kennels it was 9.30 at night,as the crow flys id say they had an 8 mile point,some of the field stayed with the master and ended up at chinnerys, there are other good days ive had,but this one stands out,hunting into darkness,the scent grew stronger as the air cooled,and the pack had the killing cry,good days ,good memories,no one can take that.dd

• Like 4