your opinion please.

I was thinking of buying a new set of scopes soon and would like to ask what your opinion of the BURRIS scopes are.they are manufactured by Simmons.I was looking at 6.5-20X50.i'm not to well up on scopes and want a decent set for my 223.Any info based on experience would be much appreciated,thanking you,JIGSAW.

Guest baldie

Burris aren,t made by simmonds buddy, not last time i checked anyway. Burris are FAR superior scopes, and you wont go wrong with any of them. My mate Tim Finlay, who is the european FT champion, swears by them , and has several. He,s seen and tested virtually every scope in existence, and when he speaks, its wise to listen. Their optics are superb, and they do a good reticle called the ballistic plex, which is useful for most calibres. Dont hesitate mate, you wont go wrong with one.

Baldie the one I was looking at was called the signature edition,the bloke behind the counter said they were part of the SIMMONS group.What you reckon with the strength of scope,is it too much of an over kill or just fine for a little fox ,etc.I got a price of 590 euros for it.

Hiya Mate

Ive got to agree with Baldie on the Burris scopes, you cant really go wrong with them but it depends on what you can afford at the end of the day.

I import scopes and have tried both Burris and Leupold, both are excellent however IOR scopes from Romania are also an option and are as good if not better.

If you are looking for a value for money option and im not just saying this because i sell them try the SP Raptor in either 4.5-14x50 or 6-24x50.

Basic rule is get the best you can afford but it all comes down to personal preference. Whatever you choose nail them charlies.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Onelesscharlie

Baldie I dont understand how the specification works.I want a decent set of sights with crystal clear views.I'm hoping you can tell me what might suit me for the gun and shooting I do.I have had a .22 Anschutz for the last 25 years and just recently progressed to a .223CZ.I dont have a clue on how the magnification works.I was looking through the6.5-20X50 yesterday and they were very impressive to me,(I'd be easily impressed as you might guess)Sorry for being so vague but I dont have a clue.Thanks for the replies so far guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Jigsaw, sorry for not spotting your earlier request for help mate.

Right, scope specs.

The first number, or numbers are always the magnification, eg .6-20 , this means the scope will magnify six and a half times, up to 20 times, as you twist the magnification ring. The last number, usually expressed as " X" something, eg, X50, is the objective lens size, in millimetres [the lens furthest away from your eye.

A 6.5-20 x 50 is an excellent specification for a fox rifle of any calibre, the bottom end mag is low enough to pull lots of light in, and the top mag is more than adequate for a 500 yard shot on a fox sized target.

Let us know what you get/ got buddy.