Walking Boots

had a pair of meindl burma pro (dovre are the high leg version i think) for 3 yrs, soles still good,go to a climbing shop to try them on then buy them off ebay :whistling: most decent walking boots need to be 1/2 a size bigger. i use these as winter boots and a pair of meindl man made goretex's for summer (and me yellow croc wellies) :icon_redface: only advice i can offer is look after the uppers with a good wax and plenty of it. :thumbs:

i have just brought the new jack pyke boots they were only £85 and the last ones lasted me nearly two years so thought they were good value for money and got alot of wear out of them

atb

bought a pair of Jack Pyke once, worst boot ever bought. only lasted 6 months. several mates had same issues. Gone for a pair of Grisport Crusader, seem a decent boot, but time will tell.

Meindl Vakuum, say no more. And I walk miles after hounds. It's like you've got slippers on. Great support and gortex lined, a brilliant boot. I did a price match at Go Outdoors, theirs were priced at £180, found them cheaper on the internet, told them and they not only matched it but beat it by 10%. I got mine for £143. Otherwise Meindle Burma pro are also a quality boot

• 2 weeks later...

Had brashers for years just abit low on the ankle Aku are great wear mine 6 days a week feet have never been wet yet, just bought some ex army German lowa off eBay gtx like brand new 70 quid seem sound so far winter will soon tel.

Altberg piiss all over meindl....

If i got given meindls for free... i wouldnt wear them....

Infact.... i do.... and i dont wear them....

Buy british... buy the best... buy altberg!!

Edited by Blue Pocket Rocket