If your willing to venture away from the domed pellets, RWS do a hollowpoint pellet, they pack more of a punch and expand much more on impact, they might do the trick for you.

I'm a firm beliver in the .22 though, .177 just doesn't pack the punch you need for birds/pests.

Gonads sir, total gonads! .177 will drop rabbits, pigeons, squirrels, rats, pheasants and partridges with ease! All you have to do is hit them in the right area! I took 2 rabbits last night using .177, the first at 60 metres and the second at 45 metres! I was using a sub 12 BSA Super 10 that has been tuned by it's designer, but it is still a sub 12 .177!

rabbit skulls look like benny hats after the 177 has passed through lol...only out to 60 yard like.

mine will take them out at 65m and im not skilled enough yet to go further, although i know it will !

i recon thats about it distance wise tbh..71 yard was plenty, on paper its a bit further and thats with a 0.031 BC on the go with a 10.3grain, funny thing is it hits um in a bdownwards path lol..right on top the bonse lol.

lol

If your willing to venture away from the domed pellets, RWS do a hollowpoint pellet, they pack more of a punch and expand much more on impact, they might do the trick for you.

I'm a firm beliver in the .22 though, .177 just doesn't pack the punch you need for birds/pests.

Gonads sir, total gonads! .177 will drop rabbits, pigeons, squirrels, rats, pheasants and partridges with ease! All you have to do is hit them in the right area! I took 2 rabbits last night using .177, the first at 60 metres and the second at 45 metres! I was using a sub 12 BSA Super 10 that has been tuned by it's designer, but it is still a sub 12 .177!

I must have been shooting a shit rifle then, then again they say its a bad workman who blames his tools :icon_redface:

maybe I should head down to the gun shop next payday and have another go....

• Like 1

I must have been shooting a shit rifle then, then again they say its a bad workman who blames his tools :icon_redface:

maybe I should head down to the gun shop next payday and have another go....

beleive it or not theres two different 'aproach's' between the two calibers, for instance one lands now the other lands half hour after lol..gues which is which, seriously.. a lot of people assume 22 is crap on a bod shot,ie. refering to rats, the rats actualy jump the pellet and stamp a good squeel..cracking bod shot noise untill your realise like, like wise .177's seem to not kill eather? hmmmm both do when i use them lmao!! theres only the velocity issue i go by tbh.

i.e. head shots both do it, ('if' you can can do it with BOTH cals) .22 is just a lot louder and a lot more dramatic. bod shots on birds...i'd say 22 has the lesser distance for sure but up close (20-30 yards) the right pellet in and theres a really nice quiet thwup on woodies, the type of noise that gets you a couple three out the same tree..(40-50yard in 177..right pellet)

distance wise all round i'll always be a .177 fan.. and yes i'm sick of hearing it ...''yu cant do that with a .177'' fffffff always splurting after watching me do it in 177..

so..the obvious conclusion is the verbals take over the actual abilities and we get the banter come tantrum about calibers..

yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh spit yu dummy!! but wat call dummy??? :yes::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by ghillies