Pre Ban Deer

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this big dog little dog rubbish is just to much,good deer dogs come in all sizes and flavours fact.

I've read this whole shit thread and have came up with a few conclusions.   Suzy Ross needs a good shag to settle her down. Kranky lives up to his name C hall has never killed a deer in his life

Shame this topic could not of been about old stories folk had with dogs on deer

Posted Images

and when your trying to do it with a small dog I can understand why you wouldnt want to! lol

its not like the conditions favor the dog! what ever the size

I wouldn't want to do it with any size dog :laugh: I have done it in my youth before I knew better :laugh: with dogs of varying sizes.

Some people just never learn though :laugh:

So is it just that you felt it was unfair on the deer taking them within their correct season and with the advantage or the crops in their favor and preferred to wait till they were out of season lol

So is it just that you felt it was unfair on the deer taking them within their correct season and with the advantage or the crops in their favor and preferred to wait till they were out of season lol

There not out of season until end of October, is there any long crop fields down your way at the moment that you could run a roe buck through if it were legal :laugh:

There not out of season until end of October, is there any long crop fields down your way at the moment that you could run a roe buck through if it were legal :laugh:

No there are no long crops at the moment and they could be run if it was legal.

But that was not my question, I asked if you thought it was unfair on the deer when the crops were up?

Edited to add: I'm glad you have made use of the link I posted!

if there was a correlation between height and speed then a giraffe would be the fastest land animal not the cheater :hmm:

i thought this thread was about Lurchers not comparing zoo animals.

anyone breeding giraffe x bull greys they,d be great in high crops

I wish I had a garden of roses, some amount of manure gets talked on here.

Excellent input :laugh:

What would you like me to add, you guys have it all covered from giraffes to Usain Bolt! But since you want my view, here it is. Everything in life has its ideal size for peak performance. You guys have opened the discussion to include anything so I will. Nature has created the fastest animal to be the size it is. Everything has a knock on effect. If an animal is taller it's centre of gravity is higher up its body making it less maneuverable I.e bending. If you can get a tall dog with a low centre of gravity or running style that makes it run lower great. But a smaller dog will obviously out maneuver it. I personally think the best all round dog is around 26,27 tts. But your always going to get exceptions to the rule. Sea biscuit wasn't to shabby for a small horse but there aren't many of them about.

I wish I had a garden of roses, some amount of manure gets talked on here.

Excellent input :laugh:

What would you like me to add, you guys have it all covered from giraffes to Usain Bolt! But since you want my view, here it is. Everything in life has its ideal size for peak performance. You guys have opened the discussion to include anything so I will. Nature has created the fastest animal to be the size it is. Everything has a knock on effect. If an animal is taller it's centre of gravity is higher up its body making it less maneuverable I.e bending. If you can get a tall dog with a low centre of gravity or running style that makes it run lower great. But a smaller dog will obviously out maneuver it. I personally think the best all round dog is around 26,27 tts. But your always going to get exceptions to the rule. Sea biscuit wasn't to shabby for a small horse but there aren't many of them about.

Have you seen a big dog running flat out? When they're stretched right out, there's not a lot of room between their belly and the floor. How's that for a low centre of gravity?

Your answer doesn't really say much about pre ban deer or speed versus manoeuvrability.

You've just repeated what others have said previously. So, in effect, you've added nothing.

Fantastic work. I'd stick to gardening if I were you.

• Like 1

But that was not my question, I asked if you thought it was unfair on the deer when the crops were up?

Why would I think it was unfair running a roe buck in season? :hmm:

Why would I think it was unfair running a roe buck in season? :hmm:

Well I dont.. which should be pretty obvious by now, hence why I used to

You were the one that pulled me up about having run roe bucks through the summer months thinking that they were out of season :icon_redface:

All I am asking you to do is justify why running them in season, on crops is in some way unfair or cruel as you are implying,