Pre Ban Deer

High crops aren't only in the summer.

Mostly in the summer they are :yes: your not even going to see a course in long crops :no: that's what it WAS all about for me the adrenalin off watching the twists the turns the strike and connection :air_kiss:

You should've had a bigger dog and ran bigger quarry.

:laugh: what do you mean by bigger dogs? 27+

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this big dog little dog rubbish is just to much,good deer dogs come in all sizes and flavours fact.

I've read this whole shit thread and have came up with a few conclusions.   Suzy Ross needs a good shag to settle her down. Kranky lives up to his name C hall has never killed a deer in his life

Shame this topic could not of been about old stories folk had with dogs on deer

Posted Images

Proper dogs 30" +!!!! Lol!!

They need the turning circle of a bus, take to long to recover and get back on terms after a missed strike or a tumble but they can run quicker across a high crop field ffs :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by C Hall

Proper dogs 30" +!!!! Lol!!

They need the turning circle of a bus, take to long to recover and get back on terms after a missed strike or a tumble but they can run quicker across a high crop field ffs :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ah, I see now, you've read a couple of books and never managed to get out pre ban or chase bigger stuff.

• Like 1

Bigger than rabbits. Your comments about turning circles of buses and lacking the pace to get back on terms aren't the comments of someone who's seen proper big dogs run.

Come on now I never said they lack pace :no: I said "recover" one thing bigger dogs usually have in abundance is pace :)

Ok, you said recover, but those that have seen my dog run will tell you that he turns like he's on rails and even after tripping arse over elbow can still get up and get back into the chase and catch the bunny.

He's 30"TTS. He's a proper dog and doesn't conform to people's,unjustified, preconceptions and the stories written by those who know nothing, other than how to write a good story.

• Like 3

Ok, you said recover, but those that have seen my dog run will tell you that he turns like he's on rails and even after tripping arse over elbow can still get up and get back into the chase and catch the bunny.

He's 30"TTS. He's a proper dog and doesn't conform to people's,unjustified, preconceptions and the stories written by those who know nothing, other than how to write a good story.

I don't doubt what you say but from my limited experience and story writing :D he is an exception to the rule.

I don't doubt what you say but from my limited experience and story writing :D he is an exception to the rule.

I've seen a few dogs like him over the years. There's probably plenty more like him that have never had the chance to shine because their owners have held them back. It's far better to get out and try stuff yourself than to believe what you read on the internet.

• Like 1

I've seen a few dogs like him over the years. There's probably plenty more like him that have never had the chance to shine because their owners have held them back. It's far better to get out and try stuff yourself than to believe what you read on the internet.

I will be sure to remember your words of wisdom I read on the internet :thumbs:

just curious where are you from? not exact roughly will do :)

Bigger than rabbits. Your comments about turning circles of buses and lacking the pace to get back on terms aren't the comments of someone who's seen proper big dogs run.

Come on now I never said they lack pace :no: I said "recover" one thing bigger dogs usually have in abundance is pace :)

So that pace helps them to recover and get back on terms?

So that pace helps them to recover and get back on terms?

Yes in theory but not always the case.