Pre Ban Deer

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this big dog little dog rubbish is just to much,good deer dogs come in all sizes and flavours fact.

I've read this whole shit thread and have came up with a few conclusions.   Suzy Ross needs a good shag to settle her down. Kranky lives up to his name C hall has never killed a deer in his life

Shame this topic could not of been about old stories folk had with dogs on deer

Posted Images

I would of loved to of coursed a deer with my dog when it was legal, I can't find much footage of deer and dogs I thought there might be some DVD at game fairs, anyone know of any??? I must of read the SCOOBY book 5 times now, it's prob the only book I have finished in my life ha

i some times wonder the point of luchers at 27 29 odd tts.....a good dog at 23 tts can do just as well on all game i would of thought..maybe wrong as am no dog man but give me a small strong bitch eny day of the week......did i go of track there lol...ooops.lol

If the ban ever gets lifted,

try calling a roe buck half way across a field of fully grown crop, slip a 23" dog and a 28"+ dog and see which one catches it and which one is made to look daft

i some times wonder the point of luchers at 27 29 odd tts.....a good dog at 23 tts can do just as well on all game i would of thought..maybe wrong as am no dog man but give me a small strong bitch eny day of the week......did i go of track there lol...ooops.lol

try calling a roe buck half way across a field of fully grown crop, slip a 23" dog and a 28"+ dog and see which one catches it and which one is made to look daft

smaller dogs have next to no chance if catching in grown crops there is even a difference between 27/30
  • Like 1

hears my old dear dog he was 29"tts sadly no longer with me he was a awsome roe dog wasn't bad on those big reds eather i would rarther have a big dog on dear rarther than a wee one that strugles thats for sure and would have never let a little lurcher go on a red dear what i prefered to run with my dogs

DSC00095-1_zpsfe3e41a8.jpg

• Like 4

This little bitch (24") Done many a fox in its time.Took its first roe at 30 month solo.Undi had its sister Meg.Took its first roe at 11 month.Out working in front of us.Then took of on a scent.Found her about 7 mins later holding a live roe by the neck.

post-34669-0-33572900-1383074005.jpg

• Like 1

Why would you want to run deer in high crops during the summer?

• Like 1

Why would you want to run deer in high crops during the summer?

High crops aren't only in the summer.

Mostly in the summer they are :yes: your not even going to see a course in long crops :no: that's what it WAS all about for me the adrenalin off watching the twists the turns the strike and connection :air_kiss:

Edited by C Hall

Mostly in the summer they are :yes: your not even going to see a course in long crops :no: that's what it WAS all about for me the adrenalin off watching the twists the turns the strike and connection :air_kiss:

Because its summer time when the roe bucks are in season lol,

for shooters anyway..

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/content.php/116-UK-Deer-Seasons

• Like 1

You should've had a bigger dog and ran bigger quarry.

lapin2008 Yes I am well aware of the seasons but as I have explained running any deer through long crops is not what it was about for me :no: if I wanted to run roe bucks I would of found short fields or waited until the fields were cut :yes:

lapin2008 Yes I am well aware of the seasons but as I have explained running any deer through long crops is not what it was about for me :no: if I wanted to run roe bucks I would of found short fields or waited until the fields were cut :yes:

Course you were ;)