Ferret Prices

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

surely hed be more bothered about getting them a new home than the money if he was a genuine guy and had health issuses

I'd offer him 50, covers his op fees. I only wouldn't offer him more for the ferrets as he is choosing to sell, rather than being asked to.

There's workers and then there's workers have you been out with them or is it just the guys opinion that there really good workers , you might end up payin good money and they are not what you expect

how can you put a price on a good working ferret...?

If the jills work hard and are good grafters..£10 is a fekking insult.

I wouldnt sell you one of mine for £100.

£10 is what you pay for a kit off a mate to help pay towards it upkeep.

A young Vasectomised hob with a few seasons ahead of him is also worth every penny of the vets fees plus a drink on top.

I would be offering him a straight £100 and think myself lucky i wasnt starting out with a load of inexperienced ferts.

In my very humble opinion people dont value the ferret how it should be..a good team is only as good as its players.

I agree 100%. Having had some poor quality ferrets over the years I value a good one highly. £100 would not buy my best jill.

Edited by Mustelid

Got it sorted now offered 50 for the hob, 15 for the black eyed white and a tenner a piece for the white gills.

Its funny tho as i asked my mate who goes to the sales alot he was saying kits of all colors doing 50 pence a go at selby auction and 75 pence at another maybe clitheroe.

He offered to gift me a half polecat kit and told me not to buy em, but im a bird in the hand kind of guy and know the man im getting the ferrets off and if he says there ok they will be

On the flip side to this i also heard a local dog dealer was asking £25 a kit.

Hopefully these will be the last ferrets i buy cheers for the comments atb 2.8

Ferrets of excess will go very cheap at fairs and auctions. Unwanted breeding stock . Id expect to pay a tenner for a kit otherwise. Wouldn't sell any of mine. But if i decided to give them up they would go to a home for free, assuming it was a good home and i knew the guy well enough to trust them with them.

But good you've got yours now. All the best with them, have fun!

I think you've had a bargain.

A vasectomised hob has got to be worth £80. And like the others have said a good worker is worth whatever you are willing to pay.

My mate has got a cracking Jill, I'm yet to see one as good in the field and I know £100 wouldn't buy her.

Gaz

I'd offer him 50, covers his op fees. I only wouldn't offer him more for the ferrets as he is choosing to sell, rather than being asked to.

cheeky

How is that cheeky, the guy isnt parting with his best worker under duress. . . . hes getting shot of all his ferrets. If I was him, a decent home, in that situation would be a million miles more important than making coin off my workers. And if I wasnt selling up and someone wanted to buy, there is no price, because they are not for sale. . . .

. . . . I'm also skeptical of the phrase 'top worker'. . . . . how often do you hear that?

I rather spend £50 on hob of my own I know rather than a unknown £50 and 3 years old is on average a 1/4 of it way though life

Rarely in the working animial world is good stock sold even for a good price and even if that person has to sell due to any reason .

Good workers Ive heard it all we take in alot of ferts of folk who have either given up or cant keep them anymore and never has a penny changed hands always the ferts welfare at there hearts.

And all the hunting lads wave with a cheerful he/she a cracking worker only for the first day we go to enter the pug and it stands at the hole for ages wandering though the warren .

That persons cracking worker totally diffrent to ours :thumbs:

Anyway good luck and great they found a good home dispute the numerous views on whether there worth this or that or diddly sqwat is pretty ponitless there in your care now and ATB Cookie

th_1906_zps534c2695.jpg

Got it sorted now offered 50 for the hob, 15 for the black eyed white and a tenner a piece for the white gills.

Its funny tho as i asked my mate who goes to the sales alot he was saying kits of all colors doing 50 pence a go at selby auction and 75 pence at another maybe clitheroe.

He offered to gift me a half polecat kit and told me not to buy em, but im a bird in the hand kind of guy and know the man im getting the ferrets off and if he says there ok they will be

On the flip side to this i also heard a local dog dealer was asking £25 a kit.

Hopefully these will be the last ferrets i buy cheers for the comments atb 2.8

Good deal I would say, if they are good workers. You can buy kits for what ever price keep them for 12/24 months then find out they are useless. You also cant expect to much from young ferrets, it takes a lot of work in most cases to get them working correctly getting down deep etc. I would think it takes at least 2 or 3 hard seasons to make a decent ferret so how can it no be worth a decent price. You can have brilliant ferreting dogs but if your ferrets are useless you are going to have some frustrating days out.

Also just over 2 years ago I kept a young hob from good parents, the first season he looked promising, finding and bolting well but these rabbits had not seen ferrets and were easily bolted. Got him vasectomised at just over 12 months I think. Last season he did not work so good, he has good days and days when he pisses about. He is very tame and has been usefull for keeping my and my mates Jills out of season, hope he comes good this season as he has matured a bit. Point I am making is he cost me £50 to get done which is cheap and so far he is not a 100% worker but hopefully he will make the grade, he is from good workers. So the one in question that is a good worker is a bargain, vasectomised and is also working well, cant go wrong I think.

cheeky

How is that cheeky, the guy isnt parting with his best worker under duress. . . . hes getting shot of all his ferrets. If I was him, a decent home, in that situation would be a million miles more important than making coin off my workers. And if I wasnt selling up and someone wanted to buy, there is no price, because they are not for sale. . . .

. . . . I'm also skeptical of the phrase 'top worker'. . . . . how often do you hear that?

Simple..because £50 for a Vas hob and 3 working jills is an insult to the previous owner...Showing that you view his little soldiers with scepticism.

He ended up paying a very fair price in my humble opinion.

cheeky

Simple..because £50 for a Vas hob and 3 working jills is an insult to the previous owner...Showing that you view his little soldiers with scepticism.

He ended up paying a very fair price in my humble opinion.

Fair enough..... Personally I just don't think money should really come into it. Had a lad off here needing a good ferret. I gave him a good adult working hob for free. I'd never met him before but he would look after it well so no charge. Had another guy giving up recently and he gave me two very good rabbiting and ratting Jill's and a bag if food, and offered me a run as he just wanted them well cared for. Money is just money ..... It doesn't equal respect.

• Like 1