Ferret Prices

A man i know is packing in ferreting he has offered me his ferrets, All the ferrets he has are workers and have had at least one season the majority are 3 years old.

he has a silver hob thats been vascectamised at a cost of 50 quid, and a black eyed white jill

then a couple of other albinos.

Ive never been into the colours of ferrets just as long as they can do there job, what do you recon a fair offer would be on the hob and black eyed white?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

surely hed be more bothered about getting them a new home than the money if he was a genuine guy and had health issuses

I'd offer him 50, covers his op fees. I only wouldn't offer him more for the ferrets as he is choosing to sell, rather than being asked to.

There's workers and then there's workers have you been out with them or is it just the guys opinion that there really good workers , you might end up payin good money and they are not what you expect

The hob if he's young enough has to be worth 30-40 quid at least and if the jill has been working then another 10 quid...40-50 quid wouldn't be an insulting offer imho. Remember that you won't have the hassle of jills in season every year and if they've been working then you will have ferrets ready to go :thumbs:

Edited by AirgunGuy

I was working on a tenner for the normal ferrets, The hob he wants more cos of the op and recons the black eyed white jill is worth more due to the colour.

He is a genuine guy and is only packing in due to ill health but as tight as a nats chuff so the offer will have to be right or he'll sell em to someone els, to be fair im only interested in two jills he has but wont split them.

thanks for the replys :thumbs:

how can you put a price on a good working ferret...?

If the jills work hard and are good grafters..£10 is a fekking insult.

I wouldnt sell you one of mine for £100.

£10 is what you pay for a kit off a mate to help pay towards it upkeep.

A young Vasectomised hob with a few seasons ahead of him is also worth every penny of the vets fees plus a drink on top.

I would be offering him a straight £100 and think myself lucky i wasnt starting out with a load of inexperienced ferts.

In my very humble opinion people dont value the ferret how it should be..a good team is only as good as its players.

He obliviously has a price in mind have you asked him or he saying this Offers rubbish ?.A bew is a nice type of ferret but if it dont graft its worth sod all in my eyes

£100 to get a hob vasectomised down my way (£60 +a time for the jill jab) I'm going down the route of getting a hob done, so getting one for a bulls eye would be for me a fair result, plus you get to pimp him out :hmm: I paid a tenner for two one year old jills and I'll be charging between 5 and 10 quid this years kits to recoup the costs of feeding the little stinkers, haven't been able to keep up the supply of rabbits (plenty of pigeon but their fussy blighters) so have had to keep em topped up with beef and chicken mince.

I was working on a tenner for the normal ferrets, The hob he wants more cos of the op and recons the black eyed white jill is worth more due to the colour.

He is a genuine guy and is only packing in due to ill health but as tight as a nats chuff so the offer will have to be right or he'll sell em to someone els, to be fair im only interested in two jills he has but wont split them.

thanks for the replys :thumbs:

surely hed be more bothered about getting them a new home than the money if he was a genuine guy :thumbs: and had health issuses

• Like 2

how can you put a price on a good working ferret...?

If the jills work hard and are good grafters..£10 is a fekking insult.

I wouldnt sell you one of mine for £100.

£10 is what you pay for a kit off a mate to help pay towards it upkeep.

A young Vasectomised hob with a few seasons ahead of him is also worth every penny of the vets fees plus a drink on top.

I would be offering him a straight £100 and think myself lucky i wasnt starting out with a load of inexperienced ferts.

In my very humble opinion people dont value the ferret how it should be..a good team is only as good as its players.

I think £10 for a good working jill is for nothing, a real good one is hard to come buy.

Your definatly spot on ferrets are very under valued and as a working companion worth much more than the price they command, I had one once that i wouldnt of parted with at any price.

All our ferrets was stolen from my mates farm and altho i got some lined up for my mate he never made the effort to pick them up.

the guy with the ferrets will have asked a few people and said make me an offer, I know there all workers so like you say hard to come buy so ill give a good bid.

Keep you posted on the outcome :thumbs:

Have you asked him if the best offer get his permission as well ?. that would make a difference

LOL he has bad joints and had multipul operations on the same ones, he has some nice permission but I already have way more than I can cope with, I did offer to take him on mine as I can drive to most of my warrens if needed but he still declined

saying hes got to stop as he carn't keep getting operated on.

Guy i used to shoot with did the same sold up and went into fishing everybody that bought something over the odds got taken to meet a farmer shame im such a tight git :laugh: