12Yds Stop Net

I have given up with sheet netting after getting nothing but sub standard stuff and i wont be buying any more. As I have been making my own purse nets for 39yrs I thought I would try to make my own long nets. I thought I would have a go at a 12yd net first to see if I encountered any problems as I have not done a long net before. It seemed to go well, the only thing i probably done wrong was use to double strand the selvedge as the twine was already thick enough. I had ran out of the twine i used for the net or i would have doubled that up. Overall i was happy with it so i have bought some twine to make 2 50yd nets, not in a hurry for them so i can take my time. My other nets should have a few seasons left in them.

12yds006_zps529434c1.jpg

12yds005_zps5791ab10.jpg

• Like 3

I like it Joe,, as You said it does take time to make them but the end result is far superior than a sheet of netting. I have a few Yards of Nylon Netting hear made By imo the best netmakers in the World! The Nagaura Net Co from Japan.. And going through the Sheets theres a few defects..

Sheet Netting is !! :hmm: Sheet Netting! Good and Bad,, Its just Your luck Mate..

Regards..

• Like 1

That's a smart looki g net mate, I'm new to making them only done 7 3'6 nets, did you make this the same way but even patterns ?

I started it on a ring, which I cut off when I was finished, I thought it would keep it tidy. I had some brown and green twine so I did 24 rows of each colour, I would do a colour each night, it also made you think you were getting somewhere. I used a 2 1/4" mesh board and knit 24yds, I made it 17 meshes wide 18 with the selvedge. Going to have a go at a 50yd net (100yds) now.