All Time Favourite Scope

What is everyone's favourite all time scope ? Mine is an old Simmons (Deerfield i think) 3-9x40 circa 1997. Simple, a basic 30/30 ret but by todays standard the optics are pretty poor. I just seem to shoot well with it despite the rattle it now makes. It lives on my old 99 and is only used for plinking but has filled the freezer many times. And by the way, it has always kept its zero.

• Like 3

nice one mate, as long as its doing its job and your happy with it that's all that matters.

I always had basic little 3-9 x 40 's on my springers back in the day'

then I got a AAs410k with a 5-20x 50 edgar brothers beast on top of it and ooof what a gun that was!

now I have the Panorama and on the hw97, hw95 and hw100 it has been a really good scope. im going to upgrade to a hawke sidewinder SR pro in a few months probably but for now the panorama is more than good enough for me. :thumbs:

• Like 1

mine was an 80's 'jap crap' 4x40, got it for 20 quid when tasko's were 'god' and very exspencive for what they were..

heat treated lenses all through, free mounts.

i put it on the gun, couple clicks on the elevasion and it held for months till the 80 killed it.

come dusk i could see more through it, like under hedges n stuff, more than i could see with the nakid eye.

unfortunatly the airgun mags 'jap crapped' them before they could get a hold, as a result we seem to be buying the chinese stuff instead now for slightly inflated prices, hey ho..you pay for what you get alright, ripped off.

Edited by ghillies

BUSHNELL SCOPECHIEF 4-14X50 AO.

Scopechief was a range of scopes by Bushnell no longer made now but, they were truly amazing for an air rifle. The adverts for the Weihrauch HW80 for the 2000s featured one; and on my HW77 right now, it is just a perfect combination.

Mine was the flagship model and it's still as good as the day, in 1998, when I bought it. £350 was a lot to pay for a scope back then. But it It's incredibly clear, focuses to the precise range indicated on the focus ring and stays bang on on zero, whichever of my rifles I switch it to. A thin 30/30 reticle makes them very precise in zero for being able to see the tiny speck of .177 pellet hole at 45 metres under it and the pellet goes bang to the exact centre of the cross. No slight drift left or right of the crosshair as some scopes do.

I love it and will never part with it. The best, most durable and accurate scope I've yet owned and used for an air rifle. Beautiful quality.

Simon

• Like 1

Scopechief was a range of scopes by Bushnell no longer made now but, they were truly amazing for an air rifle. The adverts for the Weihrauch HW80 for the 2000s featured one; and on my HW77 right now, it is just a perfect combination.

Mine was the flagship model and it's still as good as the day, in 1998, when I bought it. £350 was a lot to pay for a scope back then. But it It's incredibly clear, focuses to the precise range indicated on the focus ring and stays bang on on zero, whichever of my rifles I switch it to. A thin 30/30 reticle makes them very precise in zero for being able to see the tiny speck of .177 pellet hole at 45 metres under it and the pellet goes bang to the exact centre of the cross. No slight drift left or right of the crosshair as some scopes do.

I love it and will never part with it. The best, most durable and accurate scope I've yet owned and used for an air rifle. Beautiful quality.

I will give you 50 quid for it !!!!

Simon

• Like 1

There's not too much modern stuff that I'm really taken with, to be honest.

I like simple, strong and basic. I've tried probably most makes and I like the older ones with a nice simple 30-30 or generic mildot ret. I'm currently waiting for Hawke to send a replacement for the broken one I sent back last week but that will probably just break again. They really don't seem to be built to last. Should've got a Nikon...

The scope I keep coming back to is an old EB 6x44 that I've had since about 1990. Solid, simple and utterly reliable. I can't be doing with fragile shit with lots of bells and whistles that only lasts for five minutes. What's the point?

Edited by andyfr1968
  • Like 1

I will give you 50 quid for it !!!!

Simon

I guess you know what my answer to that will be Woodcote1! :laugh::tongue2: