Buzzards Killing Ospreys!!

Up near we're I stayed there was a buzzard caught on a web cam taking a young osprey off the nest at a fishing complex, they (rspb) said it was a one off, but go fu ck me its only gone and happened again this year, the same nest, caught on the same web cam..

When will the powers to be open there eyes and do something about it!!!!!!!

It's on the sga page if u want a look, I'd put the link up but on the phone.

Crows also take them.

Thats just the natural world mate, I wouldn't watch David Attenborough docs if i was you was you, lions eat little deers on it, its horrid.

Edited by Paid
  • Like 1

also in other countries the eagle owl takes buzzards and other birds of prey,i was watching a program and they found the remains of most birds under an eagle owls nest and was worried about the outcome of the released ones in england

also in other countries the eagle owl takes buzzards and other birds of prey,i was watching a program and they found the remains of most birds under an eagle owls nest and was worried about the outcome of the released ones in england

we watched an eagle owl kill 3 crows within 45 mins in same spot last year mate, sn to say he done them easy is an understatement

• Like 1

we watched an eagle owl kill 3 crows within 45 mins in same spot last year mate, sn to say he done them easy is an understatement

i think a few escaped and made a nest in a quarry on some MOD land and when the program was made they had already reared 22 chicks and was wiping out rabbit populations at an alarming rate as the rabbits only new about the rodents like stoats weasels and foxs and had no night time air born preditors over the years as gamekeepers had wiped them out

i know of 3 maybe 4 eagle owls in wild an all less than 20 miles from my door, its nice to see them, but to have the local wardens try tell us they are harmless an have a place on the land is just stupid, nothing expects them to be there, im betting its only a matter of time til they are the new mink :blink:

Crows also take them.

Thats just the natural world mate, I wouldn't watch David Attenborough docs if i was you was you, lions eat little deers on it, its horrid.

Don't think he was saying it like it mate, just pointing out that everybody's favourite raptor eats more than the worms and carrion that certain groups would have us believe.. :yes: Certain species of bird are on the general licence under 'Can be culled to conserve nesting birds' or something like that, but give a species a hooked beak and no matter how big the population gets, different rules apply.. :thumbs:

Crows also take them.

being a keeper or hunt staff for the last 20 years I think I understand that we're there's life there's death, better than most, you clown !!

• Like 2