Ghillies Thinking Your

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

even in my camo gear when iv pushed right back into a bush iv scear,d some of the residents that live on the farm and they have jumped that high they could win a gold in the olimpics for the high jump

I still think its a over kill but each to there own drab colours and moving slow works for me

Ha the vid mint but i did spot them a few times i just use camo gear and face net and gloves also lay and wait for the ones that leg it but allways at the side of there burrows and not in front of the

I still think its a over kill but each to there own drab colours and moving slow works for me

moving slow? you dont have a choice :whistling:

Just loading up the car jeans and cammo jacket dont matter if i move slow im out there :bye:

moving slow? you dont have a choice :whistling:

Just loading up the car jeans and cammo jacket dont matter if i move slow im out there :bye:
FFS shooting whilst sat in your arse again :hmm:

mind...put the heating on... you wouldnt want to get cold now....

Edited by Blue Pocket Rocket

Aye care to put my numbers against your just this weeks though its a hard life shooting out the car windy you know :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Think it might be too much draping a cammo net over the car ?. :icon_redface::laugh::laugh:

Aye care to put my numbers against your just this weeks though its a hard life shooting out the car windy you know :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Think it might be too much draping a cammo net over the car ?. :icon_redface::laugh::laugh:

camouflage seats is too far :yes:

must be bad getting a good fit for the car ghillie...

Hey guys, I haven't been on in a while... Been getting a site shoulder from the shotgun I restored... Anyway I thought I would add my two pence in,

Being an ex commando and all I have had camo and concealment drilled into me, and I still put this into practice now, my jack Pyke grillie suit comes out with me like its part of my rifle, I absolutely love it, mainly because its easy to put over anything and it does the job of concealing me better than anything else.... I know first hand the differences that it can make especially being as though the permission I am on is very gun shy as ghillie said, if I was to walk around my fields with just normally hunting clothes I would be spotted and would no where near get in range... With my ghillie suit I can double the odds of me getting within range of my prey easily. Fieldcraft is a massive part of air fun hunting, and clothes is part of field craft, what's the point in building a great hide, only to move your weapon up and look through the site, to show that little CHANGE of color, not always are we talking about skin, for your prey to run or bolt....

I put a post up a while ago about wrapping my air rifle and the discussion is exactly the same, infact moxy (who i now see as a good friend of mine) was on the receiving end of a rant of mine when once again the subject was brought up about us shooting animals and not the Taliban... And this is what I said.

Perhaps I have overread the situation, however to me it sounded like you were completely deminishng my idea by over exaggerating the fact that I am no longer fighting Taliban, which is a big offence to me. To mention something so little and attach it to something that I have done previously in my job. Unfortunatly my memories of the encounters of the Taliban are nothing that I want to associate any aspect of hunting with. I shoot quarry and give it the utmost respect and do anything in my power to allow them to die a quick death. And if I can do anything to allow this to happen in an easier fashion (i.e the camo on the rifle or ghillie suit) I will, therefore to give reference to my hunting as though I use it like I am hunting Taliban who I personally hope rot in hell then it is a BIG offence to me.

I hope this sheds a different light on the subject...... At the end of the day we are pest controlling.. And if a certain instrument helps us do it cleaner, quicker and quieter with as least upset to the public then that my friends is all you need

All the best

Craig

Share2013-07-11-c1de6c32e0a134958816d5dc

Heres as much cammo as i wear and i honestly dont think i do to badly . If you cant get into range to manage a clean kill i think your doing something wrong and you need to look at your field craft no dressing up .Even the gloves didn't give the game away :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

craig :thumbs: :thumbs:

i've trapsed rabbits..not often like so i know it is posable to hunt rabbit with a stick, even sat and watched an instructor do it to arctick hares etc..

but all said and done whentheyre shy and hot on you..........yu dont stand a chance. at this point theres two options, distance and extreme camo.. when theyre hot its often used both, or get none.

so its on par with the caliber debate lol...no point you being able to walk up to 20 yards every time on your shoot if i cant..doesnt help me any.(yeh i've dun it this way that way etc etc..on goes a ghillie and ooooo look i dint even know they exsisted)

the one..that looks like real tree camo there, its only one step behind string and leaves being actually attached

try this for sharp rabbits...the trigger finger is bare.......60 yards is as close as i can get on that one. feild craft or not, i'm older and rusty at the mo...but ermmmm one pinky finger and theyre off? loolol...........horses for courses.

(if they hear a car theyre gone, if they smell anything they just aint there...its a long silent stalk with every thing concidered here..) only other option is digging in for the week.

Edited by ghillies

This a nice pic the one, I just wish my permission housed that many rabbits, in all fairness ghillie suit or now, the real tree that you have there acts more or less the same, u stand up against a tree with that on after it has been worn a bit and it will be hard to see most people

craig :thumbs: :thumbs:

i've trapsed rabbits..not often like so i know it is posable to hunt rabbit with a stick, even sat and watched an instructor do it to arctick hares etc..

but all said and done whentheyre shy and hot on you..........yu dont stand a chance. at this point theres two options, distance and extreme camo.. when theyre hot its often used both, or get none.

so its on par with the caliber debate lol...no point you being able to walk up to 20 yards every time on your shoot if i cant..doesnt help me any.(yeh i've dun it this way that way etc etc..on goes a ghillie and ooooo look i dint even know they exsisted)

the one..that looks like real tree camo there, its only one step behind string and leaves being actually attached

try this for sharp rabbits...the trigger finger is bare.......60 yards is as close as i can get on that one. feild craft or not, i'm older and rusty at the mo...but ermmmm one pinky finger and theyre off? loolol...........horses for courses.

(if they hear a car theyre gone, if they smell anything they just aint there...its a long silent stalk with every thing concidered here..) only other option is digging in for the week.

Think its the same all over , different approaches , differnt times and resting it helps a lot , then i would go to other methods depends how bad a problem and how the owner wants it done