Do I Need To Train My Whippet

ok thanks guys, glad i asked now, :thumbs:

no he hasn't worked before whiskey

i keep my chickens and 2 rabbits in together and he is fine with the chickens not bothered,but stalks the rabbits a bit ( pet rabbits.... bit odd to want to go rabbiting )

he wouldn't chase them unless i told him to though.

also not to interested with the ferrets in fact we had 2 ferrets a year ago and he played with them (when they wanted to play),

just got 2 ferrets last week and it would b a good idea to mix him with them now a lot for both his and the ferrets benefit

his recall isn't the best though because he knows he can out run me if he needs to lol but i can work on that he is like 85% with that and stay and jump will be handy

thanks for that guys much appreciated

ill keep you updated

Sam.

With regard to the ferrets, it works both ways. The dog needs to be steady with the ferrets, but the ferrets also need to be steady with the dog.

Probably my most used command when ferreting is 'wait'. :thumbs: Which I guess is my version of stay. :thumbs:

If you are not a bell end, and want to give the whip a try in the season, I don;t object to showing you the ropes over a day. I run a whippet as well. :thumbs:

Jai............you have to be up front with this lad and tell him about the fact you only get out twice weekly on day release...and remember the conditions they've placed upon you as well....regarding small animals and other folk's wives...think that's only fair................. :thumbs:

It's three times now mate :yes: As long as I take my meds and promise to stay away from sharp objects and other peoples wives :thumbs: I'm getting there, both of me are doing real well :thumbs:

i keep my chickens and 2 rabbits in together and he is fine with the chickens not bothered,but stalks the rabbits a bit ( pet rabbits.... bit odd to want to go rabbiting )

also not to interested with the ferrets in fact we had 2 ferrets a year ago and he played with them (when they wanted to play),

just got 2 ferrets last week and it would b a good idea to mix him with them now a lot for both his and the ferrets benefit

his recall isn't the best though because he knows he can out run me if he needs to lol but i can work on that he is like 85% with that and stay and jump will be handy

ill keep you updated

Sam.

With regard to the ferrets, it works both ways. The dog needs to be steady with the ferrets, but the ferrets also need to be steady with the dog.

Probably my most used command when ferreting is 'wait'. :thumbs: Which I guess is my version of stay. :thumbs:

If you are not a bell end, and want to give the whip a try in the season, I don;t object to showing you the ropes over a day. I run a whippet as well. :thumbs:

Jai............you have to be up front with this lad and tell him about the fact you only get out twice weekly on day release...and remember the conditions they've placed upon you as well....regarding small animals and other folk's wives...think that's only fair................. :thumbs:

It's three times now mate :yes: As long as I take my meds and promise to stay away from sharp objects and other peoples wives :thumbs: I'm getting there, both of me are doing real well :thumbs:

:toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast:

haha thanks for the coments guys,

yes id be greatful for that 'Ideation' where in wales are you???

ps not a bell end lol

Not a million miles away from you.

He's ootside your door............phone the polis............and then hide under yer bed............... :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 2

It's threads like this one that reassure me about THL.

A chap has come on asking for advice, got some good sound advice and an invite out.

Doesn't it make you proud of our community?

Sam, please remember the text talk rule. I've done some tidying up for you but I won't be quite as kind about it if you continue to put text talk in your future posts :no:

Good luck with the dog; you won't go far wrong with someone showing you the ropes. :yes:

last thing you want is a dog that is going to go for a mooch on its own rather than waiting for the bolting bunny, if he hasn't worked before maybe keep it leaded up and let it watch work on the dogs patience, catch a rabbit and give it him in a big open field to break in his hunting instinct atb

• Like 1

ill keep you updated

Sam.

Notice a few coment jai how good your mutt obedance. I wana see him work

To poster recal recal recal and then recal this Is huge special for full sitehond other wise they take you for walk. When in traing dont take them out with unruley mutts as they imprint. Livestock training huge and a must same with ferets. Apart from that enjoy the animal rest it shud pick up when working :)

• Like 1