Can You Still Dig During The Summer Months?

If you don't ask, you don't learn. Didn't say I wanted to.

thats fair enough, my comment was in jest, no offence intended.

i think there are more cons than pro's to the decision though.

lots of young stuff about

can get hot down there in the summer for your terrier, especially if he's grafting hard, puts a lot of pressure on him from an over heating point of view

lots of cover to get through before you even start the dig

grounds dry and maybe prone to collapse on the way down

but yeah, people do it, especially if they have a paticular fox that they can target that has been causing damage to livestock / game birds

i'm no expert, but thats my take on it.

ATB

• Like 1

there are loads of folk do. but its frowned on by the decent terrierman. the ones that do are generally frustrated or clueless. or both. best to wait for the season in my opinion. :thumbs:

Dont decent terrier men turn up to the call outs from the keepers .When a keeper rings me im there .if i dont come winter time he will have somebody else whos Frustrated and clueless doing the terrier work

• Like 1

Without doubt terrier work is the most humane method of fox control in the Spring and Summer.

The vast majority of trouble caused by foxes within the warmer months is by vixens feeding cubs. If snares, traps or shooting is used to get the trouble maker then what about the cubs.

Good terrierwork will account for these too humanely and quickly.

Terrier work as a sporting exercise in the Summer is usually frowned upon by proper sportsmen.

• Like 4

criminal...........I would say to that question ,......mind your own business ,.......there are needs from keepers/farmers what need addressing ..........and as tho a lot kill cubs ,years ago we would prefer to move them and give them a chance ,.........iam glad my digging days are over due to health.......(they never started)