well just 15 minutes ago i went out to feed the hawk, opened the door and heard a set of wings, looked over the garden gate and there was 2 wood pigeon, one on the floor the other sat on the fence at hearing the door open, ran up stairs grabbed the catty and a marble as i couldnt find my coat with the 12mm lead in :doh:. ran back down stairs opened the door and shot the pigeon on the right at 10 yards. a little flapping was all it could manage before it passed. only problem is the marble went on to dint the metal bike shed behind it, so that made me glad not to have used 12mm lead ha. cut the breasts off and straight in with the hawk.

04072013771_zpse754430d.jpg

hawk tucking in

04072013772_zpsf071c3af.jpg

by the way the black shit on the wall is what came out of a baby bunny that i shot what the bird had yesterday. cleaning him out tommorow :thumbs:

• Like 2

Good shot, I am yet to shoot at a live target, out of curiosity why did you not give the bird castings?

TC

i did try to leave feathers on it, i usually freeze pigeons for a month before feeding to make sure no nasties can survive but i just thought it would be good for a bit of warm meat so just cut the breasts off to stop any chance of disease or worms

Nice shot BANG!!

I made my first catty kill a couple of weeks ago, using a marble the same as you. I ran back to the house like a bloody 4 year old!

Happy days, buddy :thumbs:

thanks bud what was your first kill?

It was, mate. Probably more luck than judgement in truth, but they all count. I have to be careful, as I've moved to a more built-up area, but the catty still makes the odd appearance........... :ninja:

Nice shot BANG!!

I made my first catty kill a couple of weeks ago, using a marble the same as you. I ran back to the house like a bloody 4 year old!

It was, mate. Probably more luck than judgement in truth, but they all count. I have to be careful, as I've moved to a more built-up area, but the catty still makes the odd appearance........... :ninja:

ok what was it you took, or is it a secret ha pm me if you want

Nice shot BANG!!

ok what was it you took, or is it a secret ha pm me if you want

Sorry, bud -meant to get back to you but been as busy as f**k all day long!!! Mine too was a woodie and, like I said probably a lucky shot, but it fell stone dead.Looking forward to one with a catty i've made myself. :yes: