Fac Air Riffles..

Whats the pros and cons for them ??

What do people turn them upto ??

Which makes better conversions ?? Springer or PCP ??

If you get a FAC Air rifle on your ticket is that open or just for named approved land ??

What ft lb are your Facs ??

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You appear to live under the flag of Argentina so the law on air guns there is the one you need to check with. UK law is an irrelavance to you Giro.   But to give a broadly correct answer to your qu

If you have a closed licence FAC air is too I believe,   I am unsure though as my FAO told me I would have open on my FAC air and closed on the rimmys..... dosn't say anything different on my ticke

have a 24ft lb Falcon it gives me about 30 shots before I top up, fixed power personally I prefer it for hunting small game as it is v. quiet will knock over a rabbit at 80yds no prob plus no ricochet

Posted Images

You appear to live under the flag of Argentina so the law on air guns there is the one you need to check with. UK law is an irrelavance to you Giro.

But to give a broadly correct answer to your query. Go for a PCP and tune it to higher performance. The range of PCPs that will perform superbly well at high levels of power, around 30ft/lbs as a guide, are greater than what's on offer from spring rifles. The downside of high performance PCP is there will be fewer shots per fill than at sub 12 ft/lbs.

For spring rifles at higher performance. Go for Weihrauch HW80 OR Air Arms TX200 in .177 (Not the .22 cal. TX. It's a bit poor at that level.) A Titan-tuned HW80 will deliver around 23 ft/lbs output. A .177 TX200 will deliver about 16 to 18 ft/lbs maximum for efficient accuracy and for small vermin and rabbit in both examples, that's more than enough.

Pianoman

• Like 2

have a 24ft lb Falcon it gives me about 30 shots before I top up, fixed power personally I prefer it for hunting small game as it is v. quiet will knock over a rabbit at 80yds no prob plus no ricochet to bother with. As for land etc I can not answer in Ireland all air rifles are licensed so providing you have permission no prob.

• Like 1

Lol. Bloody argentine flag you plonker.

Mine runs best at around 28ft lb and I get around 50 good shots before the power drops. But mine is unregged.

Benefits for me are that what I shoot at and hit up to 60 yds, isn't getting back up and I also have the option of chest shots.

Only cons for me are that it has to be on ticket and it's not always the tool for the job.

Atb

i just sold a Air arms s410 xl that is a factory bought FAC i was impressed with it but just didnt find i had the use for it over my rimmys,

it all depends on what your shooting and how far, the s410 was putting out 38 ft lb but you can select any strength from 7 to 38 as it

has a dial on the side, if thats what you want you should get a decent deal as they are usualy stuck on the shelf for a while

• Like 1

If you have a closed licence FAC air is too I believe,

I am unsure though as my FAO told me I would have open on my FAC air and closed on the rimmys..... dosn't say anything different on my ticket though.. I should of probably chased that up.

'Closed' only means the police judge what cal can be used on land.. so aslong as they judge you can use it and you have permission its good to go :thumbs: - Rather than open where you can judge whats appropriate

Edited by AR177
  • Like 2

Got a air riffle and waiting to get a Ticket and then 22lr but wondered if I should just get a powerful air riffle ??

Its for shooting rabbits on a golf course..

Will a tuned up springer wrech scopes ??

I aint sent forms off yet.. Got them and a cupboard but need some alteration as cant get it flush on the wull due to skirting board.. I dont want to riv it off so wating on my pal with a jimmy bar and saw.. Mrs is going mad :laugh:

Edited by Giro
  • Like 1

I thought I better wait, I know it can take ages would be my luck they would rock up with in the week :laugh::laugh:

Be sick if they say no.. Cupboard set me back was one with ammo safe 6 gun rack. I had drank a few and went on ebay :icon_redface:

Should of just got a little one that holds 3 :laugh:

Edited by Giro