Shooting Vermin At The Business Park

Hi there,

In this episode of VHTV both myself and Davy are at one of our permissions which is a business park on an industrial estate somewhere in the south west of England.

We are back there on request from the business park manager as the rabbit and pigeon population have risen again causing damage to the newly planted flowers, shrubs and baby trees.

Due to this fact he wanted them all thinning out.

Armed with 4 different Sandwell Field Sport tuned spring piston rifles in both calibres plus 2 .177 pcps for the night time and our lamps and night vision we set about thinning out some of the plant munching and pecking vermin that are causing the problem.

Please enjoy

Si & Davy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxqvTt5hQ18

• Like 2

Thanks Mac and Nigel :thumbs: .

Yeah the springer rifles performed flawlessly Nigel to be fair mate and we really enjoyed the sport.

Its really important to check zero first though, even more with a springer as scope zero will change with recoil over time plus the change in temp, altitude and air pressure from day to day and location to location.

Prior to our shoot we did this and we were both slightly out from the previous shoot. A quick click here and there and the rifles were 1 hole grouping from a wooded bench resting on a bean bag.

I did say to Davy after some of his shots he did and we examined the shot placement more carefully after we had filmed the pick up that he would not of done any better with any PCP currently on the market as some of his placed pellets were spot on the money mate (i.e perfect angle going through the brain from the angle he took the shot at).

I think some of the shooting Davy did with his .22 was the best I've ever seen him shoot a springer. He was just on fire. The new Hawke Sidewinder 30 4 - 16 x 50 SF SR Pro scope also assisted him and complimented his combo massively. Its a cracking scope and once properly calibrated is pellet on pellet perfect.

Its a real eye opener when you see what these springers that Tony as tuned can do and with pretty much ease in still conditions. Shots that i would normally only consider with a rested PCP are just as easy with a SFS tuned springer from the palm rested position using the artillery hold technique.

You still getting good results with your too buddy?

Si.

• Like 1

nice one fellas looks like a different place to shoot and seem to be less shy, used to people and cars but never the less some fine markmanship. good to see the boingers making a good account of them self and agree about the sr pro its superb :thumbs: ATB Aaron

• Like 1

Yes compared to some places its pretty easy to shoot the bunnies Aaron. They are really used to people and cars as you say.

They do run sometimes but usually stop on the edge of the grass just long enough for 572 fps of .22 to crack them on the swod.

Mindya saying this they are starting to get to know Davys white 4 by 4.

• Like 1