Hi Mansell.

How well are the Air Arms Fields performing accuracy wise in your Rapid 12? Can you hit a tight 5p size group at your stated 30 to 45 yards? Because that rifle is more than capable of that accuracy with the right pellet for it. And if you can, you have the right pellet for rabbits already.

There is no ideal pellet for rabbits in the sense that; "TIN X IS VERY ACCURATE IN THIS RIFLE. BUT TIN Y IS DEADLY FOR RABBITS"! This doesn't happen this way.

If you shoot with a Theoben Rapid or whatever else, the most effective pellet for rabbits is the most effectively accurate pellet for your rifle. Usually a domed and skirted diablo.

Pianoman

• Like 3

Hi Mansell.

How well are the Air Arms Fields performing accuracy wise in your Rapid 12? Can you hit a tight 5p size group at your stated 30 to 45 yards? Because that rifle is more than capable of that accuracy with the right pellet for it. And if you can, you have the right pellet for rabbits already.

There is no ideal pellet for rabbits in the sense that; "TIN X IS VERY ACCURATE IN THIS RIFLE. BUT TIN Y IS DEADLY FOR RABBITS"! This doesn't happen this way.

If you shoot with a Theoben Rapid or whatever else, the most effective pellet for rabbits is the most effectively accurate pellet for your rifle. Usually a domed and skirted diablo.

Pianoman

Sorting out the pellets with dented skirts will help as well.

Its the only thing that lets down Air Arms Fields pellets !

Hi Mansell.

Pianoman

Sorting out the pellets with dented skirts will help as well.

Its the only thing that lets down Air Arms Fields pellets !

I was a great believer in dented skirts on pellets making them useless but recently did a little test at the range.

I placed about ten pellets that had damaged skirts in a pile and then used those pellets to shoot a group at 25 meters. Suffice to say the group didn't look much different to that of a group with good pellets. I think unless the skirt is completely squashed in the amount of air pushing it out actually straightens out the kink or miss shape.

Its just what I found anyway. It might be that at greater distances they fail.

Phil

nothing rong with the AA fields..

accupells

jsb heavies (hit like bricks)

mosquito's(light weight retains energy well)

bisly long range golds(light weight, nice n quiet on featrher)

daystate heavies(hit like bricks)

daystate pellets..nearly the same as AA feilds

jsb exacts...

check out the shapes of them..seems my rapid likes those types (.177) well all but the accypells, which i'd add 'unfortunatly'.(but i have a match barrel on mine).

accupells

jsb exacts...

check out the shapes of them..seems my rapid likes those types (.177) well all but the accypells, which i'd add 'unfortunatly'.(but i have a match barrel on mine).

Its just something I've always done removing any dented pellets from the tin before use, must be a confidence thing for me.

accupells

jsb exacts...

Its just something I've always done removing any dented pellets from the tin before use, must be a confidence thing for me.

its a basic..look at the pellet then shoot that pellet.. its one thing yu miss out on when using magazines.

i actualy meant look at the similarities in pellet shape from brand to brand, you might start to see the ones that will work when your shopping for a new type.

things like length and angles etc.

accupells

jsb exacts...

its a basic..look at the pellet then shoot that pellet.. its one thing yu miss out on when using magazines.

i actualy meant look at the similarities in pellet shape from brand to brand, you might start to see the ones that will work when your shopping for a new type.

things like length and angles etc.

Yeah its surprising how much pellets look alike from different brands until you start looking at the shape, size, length and thickness of the skirt.