New Bsa Ultra Help Needed

morning guys

got my ultra .22 single shot (new bolt type) saturday and went to the range zero it what a nice little bit kit.

using AA field 16.0 grn

i know shot count is low on these but ran it over crombo 17 shots @ just about 11.1 lb/ft (565/560 fps) then another 6 shots starting at 554 fps droping 2 fps each shot to 547 stopped at this point

this from a 200 bar fill down to 100 bar can you guys tell if this sound right also when i fit the silencer it shoots at 10.9 ish ????????

this newer version looks like air tank is smaller just a little i have read to fill to 190 bar but get fewer shot seemed to like a 200 fill

any advice would be great didnt know weather to take it back and ask if they can increase it a tiny bit 11.4ish

thanks

mark

Whoa, it is new, what happens if you buy a nice shiny brand new car? You have to run the engine in. Your gun is still "factory fresh" meaning it needs to settle down and bed in. My Super 10 made about 10.7 when we bought it, a few months later and it had settled to 11.3!

So give it a chance!

I have a scorpion and mines running at 10.9ftlb and i dont see any need to adjust mine as it shoots spot on! Although mines .177 so on a 22 the extra power might just make that bit of difference but as i dont use 22 i couldnt be sure mate

Also i haven't chrono'd mine without so it could be interesting to see if it changes the power much!

Edited by Miikee-L

thanks guys

this is first pcp rifle and wanted ask owners advice rather than shop

it came with check list and 10 shot chrono test putting out 11.2 - 11.1 lb/ft

when i fitted silencer at home went down a bit (suppose thats correct)

not looking for extra power more than happy with it making sure i it was giving right shot count etc as i have read fill to 190 and thats sweet spot then i should get 35 shots before power drops off.... but i have fill to the 200 bar (hills pump) to get 20/21 shots (all 11 lbft or just over) before i see drop off then i get maybe 6/8 shots starting at 10.8 dropping each shot to about 10.3 and that was only at 10 mtr....... i will wait till i have at least tin pelets then check again or does that sound about right for a new rifle.

again guys thanks for your advice put my mind at rest thought i got a lemon from factory

thanks for all your advice guys got a bit of info off another forum new ultra has se internals and like higher fill ???

so i filled ultra to 215 bar and started crombo string WOW 30 shots at 11.2 10 from 10.96 to 10.67

checked what was left in rifle and said 110 bar so either my pump gauge is bit off or it likes higher fill

thanks for all your advice as a newbie to pcp i will be back

mark