Kennels.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These are the kennels I have nearly finished, keychannel drainage into the mains, GRP fiberglass roof, two coats of industrial grade floor paint. When I do the internal boxes I will do a framework of

I'd put a solid roof on it to keep the run dry in the winter because if there out in a wet run it all gets trapsed back in with wet feet and gets all the bedding wet

Before anything make sure your drainage is 100%. The right drainage done right makes all the diffrence     And just build from there. Honestly build EVERYTHING with cleaning in mind make sure its t

Posted Images

How much garage have you got to use? If you've got 15 foot I'd make 3 5 foot wide runs especially when kennelling running dogs 1m wide ain't a lot of room mate I know dogs get exercised etc but the bigger the run you can give them then I'd give them it and if you can make them longer then make them longer, galvanised panels are the way forward IMO, if you have external boxes and profile sheeting a kennel can be put up and put down, moved, altered, made bigger made smaller in no time, all depends on budget mate, if money allowed I'd buy 3 external boxes even though they are going in the garage means if you ever moved etc you could set up your kennel a different way, there's loads of different ways but obviously we all have budgets and that's what you need to work round, but for me galvanised run panels are top of the list.

Always had a heat lamp in their bed they make succh a differance in the really hard winters, especially after a long nights lamping

isnt needed as long as you dont have wind blowing into the kennel

How much garage have you got to use? If you've got 15 foot I'd make 3 5 foot wide runs especially when kennelling running dogs 1m wide ain't a lot of room mate I know dogs get exercised etc but the bigger the run you can give them then I'd give them it and if you can make them longer then make them longer, galvanised panels are the way forward IMO, if you have external boxes and profile sheeting a kennel can be put up and put down, moved, altered, made bigger made smaller in no time, all depends on budget mate, if money allowed I'd buy 3 external boxes even though they are going in the garage means if you ever moved etc you could set up your kennel a different way, there's loads of different ways but obviously we all have budgets and that's what you need to work round, but for me galvanised run panels are top of the list.

Cheers pal. The idea is to have the run outside the garage and the sleeping compartments inside, with pop holes through the wall. :thumbs:

my mate has got tiled floor kennels and if I was building new I would definitely use tiles as there easy to clean and don't soak any moisture and that means no smell like concrete does.......

yep my mate has too, just wash as normal then use a squeegy to to wipe dry job done ...

• Like 1

Make sure outside run is roughly 150mm lower than the inside finished floor and use a good sealant on the concrete floor

Outside as this will prevent it dusting up in cold winters and prevent the dogs urine soaking into the concrete.

Make sure outside run is roughly 150mm lower than the inside finished floor and use a good sealant on the concrete floor

Outside as this will prevent it dusting up in cold winters and prevent the dogs urine soaking into the concrete.

theres one thing everybody forgot to mention incorporate 6mm plate on the outside where the bunks are cause them dirty thieving c**ts will knock the blocks out also put up cctv and light lazors and if poss to rotveilers running the yard yours in protection the pinkster

• Like 1

theres one thing everybody forgot to mention incorporate 6mm plate on the outside where the bunks are cause them dirty thieving c**ts will knock the blocks out also put up cctv and light lazors and if poss to rotveilers running the yard yours in protection the pinkster

:laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: your on fire tonight

my mate has got tiled floor kennels and if I was building new I would definitely use tiles as there easy to clean and don't soak any moisture and that means no smell like concrete does.......

yep my mate has too, just wash as normal then use a squeegy to to wipe dry job done ...

My local terrier man friend has tiled kennels, they are brillant. :thumbs:

Pinky - Yes, security is being sorted, but I thought i'd rather leave the details quiet. :thumbs:

I'm in the process of designing some more kennels to build. The plan is to build three runs, about 1m wide, by six foot deep, with removable internal mesh panels so they can be made into one big run, or two runs. The outer bars will be solid, and put on a concrete standing, with drainage and soak away. The run will be build onto a garage, with the sleeping boxes inside the garage, made out of ply, with lift able lids and doors. Will be able to shut dogs in sleeping boxes with shutter from run. Oh yer and the run will have a mesh roof.

Anything i'm missing, or any tips or suggestions or handy things to do / build, as I want to do it once and do it right.

Cheers :thumbs:

Kingspan for insulation of the sleeping compartments

ive got loads of insulated kingspan panels come and collect if wanted

Right lads - been doing more thinking, measuring and planning -

These are the changes / ideas so far - comments would be appreciated!

Firstly I've found more space for the runs. How does 4ft wide by 10ft long/deep sound?

Galvanized bars for the outer fence, and mesh for the inner run dividers and a solid roof, or half solid, half mesh. . . . . .

Will have flood lights on the runs if I need light at night.

Going to buy myself a new chest freezer for the inside of the garage / workshop, plumb in a belfast (think thats what they are called) sink, and put in a work top for meat prep etc

Any other handy things I could put in?

Cheers.

Right lads - been doing more thinking, measuring and planning -

These are the changes / ideas so far - comments would be appreciated!

Firstly I've found more space for the runs. How does 4ft wide by 10ft long/deep sound?

Galvanized bars for the outer fence, and mesh for the inner run dividers and a solid roof, or half solid, half mesh. . . . . .

Will have flood lights on the runs if I need light at night.

Going to buy myself a new chest freezer for the inside of the garage / workshop, plumb in a belfast (think thats what they are called) sink, and put in a work top for meat prep etc

Any other handy things I could put in?

Cheers.

if it is an old chest freezer.....screw/glue a bit of worktop to the top of it... ;)