Kennels.

Right lads - been doing more thinking, measuring and planning -

These are the changes / ideas so far - comments would be appreciated!

Firstly I've found more space for the runs. How does 4ft wide by 10ft long/deep sound?

Galvanized bars for the outer fence, and mesh for the inner run dividers and a solid roof, or half solid, half mesh. . . . . .

Will have flood lights on the runs if I need light at night.

Going to buy myself a new chest freezer for the inside of the garage / workshop, plumb in a belfast (think thats what they are called) sink, and put in a work top for meat prep etc

Any other handy things I could put in?

Cheers.

dogs

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These are the kennels I have nearly finished, keychannel drainage into the mains, GRP fiberglass roof, two coats of industrial grade floor paint. When I do the internal boxes I will do a framework of

I'd put a solid roof on it to keep the run dry in the winter because if there out in a wet run it all gets trapsed back in with wet feet and gets all the bedding wet

Before anything make sure your drainage is 100%. The right drainage done right makes all the diffrence     And just build from there. Honestly build EVERYTHING with cleaning in mind make sure its t

Posted Images

Firstly I've found more space for the runs. How does 4ft wide by 10ft long/deep sound?

Galvanized bars for the outer fence, and mesh for the inner run dividers and a solid roof, or half solid, half mesh. . . . . .

Going to buy myself a new chest freezer for the inside of the garage / workshop, plumb in a belfast (think thats what they are called) sink, and put in a work top for meat prep etc

Cheers.

if it is an old chest freezer.....screw/glue a bit of worktop to the top of it... ;)

Good idea. I currently just use the top of the freezer. :laugh: I'm planning on having one area for prepping meat to eat and another for everything else. :thumbs:

NL - Good thinking :thumbs::tongue2:

• Like 1

Cheers.

if it is an old chest freezer.....screw/glue a bit of worktop to the top of it... ;)

Good idea. I currently just use the top of the freezer. :laugh: I'm planning on having one area for prepping meat to eat and another for everything else. :thumbs:

NL - Good thinking :thumbs::tongue2:

lol sound simaler to what i have except ive got the worktop across from the freezer with a mincer on it for the bunnies and other things just huts im using good luck with it :thumbs:

Well I won't be using wood again,especially for their sleeping areas.

Pain in the arse if they piss in there,or like my terrier drags his water bowl in there,you've got to scrub it out and dry it before you can put more bedding in which would be a lot easier in on of those plastic barrels I think,cheaper to replace if damaged too.

Ideation, yours sounds a similar set up to mine with the sleeping area inside the garage. First tip is don't make the sleeping box too big. If they can jump of there bed and walk around inside the garage, they will probally piss on the garage floor instead if going outside into the run, especially in winter. Also I wire the heat lamp through a thermostat too. Saves on electric and stops the dogs cooking. I wouldn't worry too much about insulation the sleeping boxes, as your gonna have a hole in the wall into the run open 24/7. It's a bit like insulation your walls but leaving the door open. Good luck with the build.