Kennels.

I'm in the process of designing some more kennels to build. The plan is to build three runs, about 1m wide, by six foot deep, with removable internal mesh panels so they can be made into one big run, or two runs. The outer bars will be solid, and put on a concrete standing, with drainage and soak away. The run will be build onto a garage, with the sleeping boxes inside the garage, made out of ply, with lift able lids and doors. Will be able to shut dogs in sleeping boxes with shutter from run. Oh yer and the run will have a mesh roof.

Anything i'm missing, or any tips or suggestions or handy things to do / build, as I want to do it once and do it right.

Cheers :thumbs:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These are the kennels I have nearly finished, keychannel drainage into the mains, GRP fiberglass roof, two coats of industrial grade floor paint. When I do the internal boxes I will do a framework of

I'd put a solid roof on it to keep the run dry in the winter because if there out in a wet run it all gets trapsed back in with wet feet and gets all the bedding wet

Before anything make sure your drainage is 100%. The right drainage done right makes all the diffrence     And just build from there. Honestly build EVERYTHING with cleaning in mind make sure its t

Posted Images

I'm in the process of designing some more kennels to build. The plan is to build three runs, about 1m wide, by six foot deep, with removable internal mesh panels so they can be made into one big run, or two runs. The outer bars will be solid, and put on a concrete standing, with drainage and soak away. The run will be build onto a garage, with the sleeping boxes inside the garage, made out of ply, with lift able lids and doors. Will be able to shut dogs in sleeping boxes with shutter from run. Oh yer and the run will have a mesh roof.

Anything i'm missing, or any tips or suggestions or handy things to do / build, as I want to do it once and do it right.

Cheers :thumbs:

Kingspan for insulation of the sleeping compartments

• Like 2

How much insulation do you think they will need? The sleeping compartments will be inside a block (i guess) built garage?

50mm thick would do,its good gear....keeps them cool in summer,retains the heat in winter

Before anything make sure your drainage is 100%. The right drainage done right makes all the diffrence

And just build from there. Honestly build EVERYTHING with cleaning in mind make sure its the easyest you can have it. Beds/runs ect makes for easy living

• Like 6

I will sort it out so I can put a heat lamp in if needed :thumbs: Got electricity in the garage anyway.

Cheers Desmond :thumbs:

Yer drainage is key, I know that. I'll put a concrete standing in, with runaway and drainage built in, out to a soak away. and will have sleeping boxes so they can open into the garage and be swept out easy :thumbs:

I was wondering about a solid roof on the run, but didn't know if maybe getting sun on their backs might be good. . . . but then I suppose we don't have much sun here :laugh:

No soakaway try to get it into main drains as the soakaway will just stink of piss soakaways unless huge are really designed for rainwater not waste water

ATB Cookie

Cheers mate, I can dig a pipe in that goes to the cess pit. . . .

I will sort it out so I can put a heat lamp in if needed :thumbs: Got electricity in the garage anyway.

Cheers Desmond :thumbs:

Yer drainage is key, I know that. I'll put a concrete standing in, with runaway and drainage built in, out to a soak away. and will have sleeping boxes so they can open into the garage and be swept out easy :thumbs:

I was wondering about a solid roof on the run, but didn't know if maybe getting sun on their backs might be good. . . . but then I suppose we don't have much sun here :laugh:

the sun will get in round the edges and the front so they can lie in it if they want, but it will also provide shade in the middle on really hot days