New Bellman And Flint

Is any one out there using the new bellman and flint locator box and how are u finding it working used mine about 10 time since I got it but Iam finding it is a bit scatty compared too the old pieps box what I mean is going from 20 ft too 6 ft and jumping back up too 12 ft never really getting a steady location till the dog is dead still and even then it still takes scatty moments

Is any one out there using the new bellman and flint locator box and how are YOU finding it working used mine about 10 time since I got it but Iam finding it is a bit scatty compared too the old pieps box what I mean is going from 20 ft too 6 ft and jumping back up too 12 ft never really getting a steady location till the dog is dead still and even then it still takes scatty moments

Edited by Matt the Rat
To remove MORONIC text talk (again)

What you're seeing if how your dogs works. The number can't be still until the dog is totally still, otherwise it wouldn't be accurate.

stick it back on meters and it'll appear more stable because the numbers you quoted would only vary from 6 to 2 meters instead of 20 to 6 feet.

Things aren't simple underground, there is back and forth, you're just seeing it on the box now.

B

• Like 1

A friend has the new box and had no problems uses it in metres just bought one myself . Only need a reading when the dog settles anyway so can't see your issue really ? Iv not used one in feet though take bryans advice and switch to metres.

there spot on but mine seams to f**k about when there is two collers on :thumbs:

hope you are'n doubling up :laugh:

what do you mean do they only use one on its own in canada :icon_eek:

do you's english men not do single handed terrier work????????