Call Out

Was out yesturday with the hounds. We entered the first wood not much showing, so we moved on to the next wood which was only over the other side of a track, they where soon on to a scent whipping away just a few minutes wait for the cry and the soon started as they pushed on through the thick cover, wasnt to long and the first gun went off,radio call its gone back in, i was going out of my mind at this point, the hounds kept going and going strong they where, then another bang and hounds where out and soon on to it. We had a radio call asking for hounds to be put in cover where first bang went off, hounds entered the run and soon found it dead. We moved on to another wood which was a fair few fields away the sun was beating down with a good NW wind keeping the dog little bit cool. As we entered the wood wasnt long and gun went off, the hounds hadnt found it at this time, they where soon on to him, and out on the field with our 3 of the morning. All adult vixens.

We moved on to new land, a deep valley with a river in bottom and some good land on the top, we started working through some reeds plenty of runs no scent, just as we jumped over a a wet bog dogs give a little cry and bang went of gun, it must of been a 30sec cry 4th fox was accounted for very quik, we soon pushed on up the valley and it wasnt long they where on again, this boy didnt half move he had the dogs working hard up the side and they give good cry, we moved up the bank and they came down over our head, the cry was some thing els going down the vally, they where pushing hard, he broke out and gun man turned him back to cover to far, soon back on to him and took him back up the valley, after an hour of good hunt with a good cry, he broke out again at the top, this time missing another gun and he was up and away. Out came the horn, they soon stoped and back with me. That was the end of a good day and hunt. CWN-HELA

Edited by CWN-HELA
  • Like 3

nice write up mate ......... you must have made a type error on the amount of hounds out . :thumbs:

. Why. 5. Or six. Hounds. Of the right sort. Is a good number. For. Cover may be he was just pushing through for a keeper and. Dont want Many hounds in. To many cooks and all that

nice write up mate ......... you must have made a type error on the amount of hounds out . :thumbs:

. Why. 5. Or six. Hounds. Of the right sort. Is a good number. For. Cover may be he was just pushing through for a keeper and. Dont want Many hounds in. To many cooks and all that

In the eyes of the law we can only flush and shout foxes with 2 hounds . admitting to doing it with more could earn a knock on the door .

like i said must be a type error :thumbs:

In the eyes of the law we can only flush and shout foxes with 2 hounds . admitting to doing it with more could earn a knock on

like i said must be a type error :thumbs:

. Ooops. Point taken. My mistake !!!!! Edited by gonetoearth

Better to have 5 or 6 good hounds then 12 average hounds ,good write up pal i really enjoyed that

Cheers mate. We are only a small pack of hounds the places aint that big so they do the job for us. There will be lot more write ups to coming soon ?

Edited by CWN-HELA
  • Like 1

Its a pitty with the law bet would of been fun to have lurchers waiting at the edge of cover

i know yer, be for the ban lurchers had so much work. and it was great watching the course. it will soon be lifted hopefully and we can do it all over again, with out looking over our shoulder.. :thumbs: