Bedding My Remy 700Sps

Hi everyone I'm thinking of bedding Remy to get that bit more out of my rifle and was wondering if any one has beddid the same rifle in 243 and did it make it more accurate oh it is the standard stock thanks

Interesting, I have the Stainless SPS in .308 and the stock flexes if someone sneezes in the next county. But it can deliver 150g PRVI SP to 1", and not much will argue with that!

I have not bedded a rifle before, never needed to, so is this possible with such a flexible stock, does the bedding add enough rigidity to the stock to make it work/be worthwhile.

May be a stupid question, I'm no expert on bedding! (well, not rifles anyway! :D )

:thumbs:

• Like 1

I might be wrong here, but I think the synthetic stock will be very hard to bed, it would probably pay you to get a wooden stock and bed that, Boyds do excellent laminate stocks for a very reasonable price, the one I put on my weatherby turned an already accurate rifle into a real tackdriver.

some people and gun company's on do a half bedding which is just around front recoil lug and bolt and rear bolt and pillar this is what i did on my howa 1500.

this will be the best option on a synthetic stock in some case's. as Charlie caller said a wood stock is a better option for bedding.

some of the browning rifles come bedded and if you take stock of and have a look it basically a blob of compound stuck between the stock and rifle a millimeter thick.

thanks for the replys lads I thought it would be harder than a wooden stock my mate's mate has done his howa but I don't know how far he bedded his but he said it works am just not sure what to do my rifle shoots fine am knocking Charlie over at 200 yards no problem so maybe a.just.leave it

thanks for the replys lads I thought it would be harder than a wooden stock my mate's mate has done his howa but I don't know how far he bedded his but he said it works am just not sure what to do my rifle shoots fine am knocking Charlie over at 200 yards no problem so maybe a.just.leave it

If it ain't bust don't fix it! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Before I did my howa it was shooting 1" groups no prob with hornady.

Personally I just wanted to give it a go as im not working at the moment and thought I woild pass some time.

Have you shot it since you bedded it is the grouping tighter

Yeah has shot a few rounds through it but I have changed scope from a x25 to a x10 it they were only cheapo rounds was still getting a inch but wish I had the bigger scope to really see what difference there is.

Im waiting to start load development before I take it out for a good days shooting.