From the vid the developer has posted on YouTube it looks fairly reasonable as a basic alternative to a proper chronograph. It's worth remembering that all chrono's vary slightly from one model to the next anyway so if we're talking about using to tune a gun to 11.9 ft/lbs, that's unnecessarily risky whichever chrono you're using. But I certainly wouldn't use this one as gospel if your gun is even nearly close to the limit, it's simply not accurate enough. If you can't afford or don't have access to a decent unit, get a gun shop/ gunsmith/ your local club to do it for you on theirs. But for general purposes I.e. noting the difference before and after a fettle, or keeping a general eye on power trends over time it'd be ok. I've just downloaded the lite version and when I get a chance I'll test it against my chrony f1.

Jim

I think that's exactly how it works. I assume the calculation takes into account the time it takes the sound to come back from the target too. It uses the pellet weight, type (roundhead/ pointed etc.) and the BC of the pellet among other things, so I reckon it must be a fairly complicated algorithm within the program. You're right though, assuming one measures it all out accurately and inputs the correct info, with that level of info it should give quite accurate results.

I have a bit of time the start of next week, so should get my comparison vid done and we'll see first hand!

Jim

i'm guessing this may be a clue at the end of the discription.

''As there are variables that are beyond our control you should not rely on Chrono Connect Mobile as your sole method of recording speed and power and should test the power of your gun using a real chronoscope if in any doubt.''

sounds a bit like those amaizing game footage adverts that blow you away then at the end in tiney tiney righting it says 'not actual footage'.......

would be intresting to see how it performs though.