Ex Racing Greyhound

Hi folks..

Ive recently got an ex racer called kildream blue or risky blue.

Using his ear Tats I tracked his history on the IGB website.

He had an amazing race track record and his lineage goes back to the 80s. Out of 82 races he came first 14 times and second 18 times in 2

years running but his final race in April this year

he pulled his grassilas muscle... I've had him up our heath and le his loose on a few rabbits but he's returned with a limp which passes over a few minutes.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of muscle injury and what sort of recovery time am I looking at?

Obviously this must be a bad injury as he was pulled from the track because of it.

Luckily I caught him and gave him a good

Family home but I'd love him to be able to fulfil his urges and catch some live prey..

Regards

Syborg

Yeah I have,picked up a 7 month old lurcher bitch with a recently healed gracillus and a stress fracture on the other leg due to compensating for the other injury.

6 weeks crating,daily mag box,good raw diet and hydrotherapy after to strengthen would never know she had it.........bit like the wanker I got her from!!!!!!

• Like 2

not had experience with this before, but wanted to thank you for rehoming the fella and giving him a good home!
sounds like it could be a recurring injury though, depends how much you fancy running up your vets bills. the odd limp after a run is manageable but I wouldn't trust an injury like that to not get bad again. if they retired him from the track I can't imagine they'd expect him to run rabbits.

i'd keep an eye on it and try not to let him do it too much, the odd chase would be fun for him and could keep him happy and lively but I wouldn't go out looking for a chase when he's clearly not sound.

not had experience with this before, but wanted to thank you for rehoming the fella and giving him a good home!

sounds like it could be a recurring injury though, depends how much you fancy running up your vets bills. the odd limp after a run is manageable but I wouldn't trust an injury like that to not get bad again. if they retired him from the track I can't imagine they'd expect him to run rabbits.

i'd keep an eye on it and try not to let him do it too much, the odd chase would be fun for him and could keep him happy and lively but I wouldn't go out looking for a chase when he's clearly not sound.

As someone who HAS dealt with this injury on a working dog who's never had another problem since and she does alot more than have a little chase, I find it a little baffling you can give advise with no experience of it by your own admission.

Some can come good some cant had a little open class bitch that done hers she came good then broke her leg a year later went too become a brood bitch also had a long distance track dog done the same thing never came back any good