Hi folks.

Decided to bin my combro as its giving silly readings on guns i know the power outputs of from a pro chrono.

So i've dived in on a deal on ebay on the F1 Chrony

Anybody using one of these?

I've heard they a solid and reliable.

Brand new to the door for 90 quid which i think is not bad.

CW

Edited by thursodog

Great, if you get the lighting right.

Lost me there mate.

If using indoors you need incandescent lighting (i.e not flickering) if outside, use the diffusers on a clear sunny day, no diffusers if cloudy, forget it if its dull and overcast. (Go indoors!)

I have both, the Combro and the F1.

The Combro works fine with my (and other) sub 12ft lb air rifles but not with my rimfire. Obviously it only gives you results at the barrel and cannot be used down range.

The F1 is more versatile and "interesting" as you can position it close to the muzzle or down range just in front of the target. It works with air rifle and rimfire.

Frankly I like both devices. If I only had an air rifle the Combro would be enough.

I do not have any of the addons for the F1 just the basic model but can see how they could be useful if you had a range to justify it (printer, remote)

Neither of my devices get used much, only if I have a burst of geeky enthusiasm.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys.

I only need the chrony for the muzzle energy, i dont use the combro any more as its erratic, i binned it after using it for 4 years.

I don't do the down range stuff lads just making sure everything i do is below the 12ft/lb apart from my fac HW80 which i'm droppiong the power down on to about the 14/15 ft/lb for better accuracy.

I just mark up a sheet in increments from 10 yards to 60 showing where to point using mildots then job done, don't like those calcs on the net, i much prefer seeing where the pellets land and work with that.

Atb

C

Edited by thursodog