Scope Mounted Lamps..

What folks recomendations ??

For night shooting ?? I have been looking at Deben Tracer LEDRay GL2 90m Air Rifle Scope Mounted Gun... or Night Eye Scope mounted Lamp 170mm

These appear cheaper models .. Are they fir for purpose ??

I want to use lamp with springer riffle and hopefully 2.2 Lr when I get the ticket sorted out..

Edited by Giro

They are different kettles of fish mate.

The deben is a good little torch with a piercing beam and not much overspill. However you will struggle to filter it down to a true colour. So the light still remains white ish.

The deben with a red led is good and fairs well in low mist and light fog whereas similar torches struggle.

You will struggle with the deben for 22lr IMO.

The night eye is on the other extreme unless you get a dimmer unit. The light will filter well but it's a fair lump and you also have to contend with wires and battery packs.

But very useful at long range or for just having a quick look across a field.

I would choose the latter. But I prefer to see what I'm shooting at. Rather than having to strain.

But you would need a dimmer

Guest scramble

Those little ledray type torches can be modded by adding an aspheric lense, you can make up your own pills using different colour LED's and are easily interchangeable . they'll be plenty for 22lr ranges :thumbs:

• Like 1

Those little ledray type torches can be modded by adding an aspheric lense, you can make up your own pills using different colour LED's and are easily interchangeable . they'll be plenty for 22lr ranges :thumbs:

Get some links up scramble :thumbs:

Guest scramble

This is just one of the many types of torches and individual component parts for upgrading, this will give a nice clean tight beam. The coloured oslon LED's are the mutts nuts.

These torches when fitted with an oslon 850nm IR LED are more than enough for air rifle ranges and rim fire. ( a little too bright for close range ratting if using a watec 902h) for this close range work i've added a link to a cheap 1w IR drop in module, perfect out to 60+ yards depending on your NV unit.

P60 type torch

Aspheric lenses, these will need a little sanding around the edge to make it a nice fit
Drop in modules with pill
Constant current 17mm drivers, runs from a single 18650 battery.
If you dont want to put your own together then you can buy the modules ready made
or a cheaper alternative from ebay.
1w IR drop in module

For more info on other torches have a look here

http://www.candlepowerforums.com

Edited by scramble
  • Like 2

no problem at all :thumbs: i'll get do thread on how to put one together from scratch when i get some time......... if i remember :laugh:

No. You will because I will bug the shit out of you until you do. Lol.

But seriously that would be a grand gesture scramble. Yes please.

Well worth a pinned thread. It's a reoccurring question in regards to the technology available and mods that can be done, more info should be available and shared.

£8 for a torch. A tenner for upgrades it won't hit your pocket that much if you balls it up. But with a bit of know how shared I think it could be a winner.

Guest scramble

no problem at all :thumbs: i'll get do thread on how to put one together from scratch when i get some time......... if i remember :laugh:

Well worth a pinned thread. It's a reoccurring question in regards to the technology available and mods that can be done, more info should be available and shared.

£8 for a torch. A tenner for upgrades it won't hit your pocket that much if you balls it up. But with a bit of know how shared I think it could be a winner.

Haha, your memory's worse than mine buddy :laugh:

Haha, your memory's worse than mine buddy :laugh:

Hahaha. I know. We're both in the same altzimerrs club.