Chairgun Pro Software With Nikko Sterling Scope?

Hi guys/girls,had my prosport a month now(lovin it)borrowed a mates F1 crony and did the sums to find it loves airarms field at 4.51 with an extreme spread of only 5.1 fps over 10 shots and 11.25 fpe,so into chairgun pro armed with all my data to find they only support hawke scopes,well they would wouldn't they it is there scopes/software LOL,

i choose a generic mill-dot scope from the list and to be fare from the ranges i have shot at, it does seem comparable with the data chairgun provides

does anyone else use this software with other manufactures scopes?

I have a nikko sterling mountmaster 4-12x50 AO IR

regards nick

I used it with my nikko Stirling mountmaster. Like you I jut selected 'generic mildot' and it was fine.

I figured a scope is a scope, if it's zeroed properly it shouldn't make a difference who makes the scope. the software uses algorithms for the ballistics of the gun and the pellet, in theory the scope should make little difference in my opinion. I could be wrong though.

All that said if the algorithms don't equate exactly to the performance of your gun with that particular pellet it won't be exactly right with its results. Treat it more like a guideline and do your own range testing at various distances to work out the exact results for your set up, it's the only way to be totally precise I'm afraid.

Jim

• Like 1

Thanks jim thats what i kinded of figured,shot a hft rat at 50 metres,took me a dozen shots to find it required 1.5 mildots of holdover,with the chairgun software i would have know that,i will use it as a guide

regards nick