Genetics Or Trainning ?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Training must play a major part as a good dog man wilL always have decent dogs around him whether he has bred them himself or bought them in ... Obviously genetics plays a part in the dogs capabilitie

As 3turns said, it's a game of percentages.   A well bred litter should have a higher percentage of pups that will make good dogs, than a litter bred off to shit dogs.   But two very good parents

you can put a donkey in a horses stable but its still a donkey

Is a lurcher good because of its blood line or is it because of the time that as been put into trainning it as a pup. Can a pup from crap parents be made into a all round hunting machine. ?

You can not make a silk purse out of a sows ear but you just might be able to make something that suites your needs, however gold is gold and brass is brass

I had a handcock rough coated bitch she was really good and showed a lot of promise but she was sadly killed at 16 months old. But I don't no if it was just luck or the trainning she was given. Im scared if I get another and put in all the time and effort in and it turns out shit.

I had a handcock rough coated bitch she was really good and showed a lot of promise but she was sadly killed at 16 months old. But I don't no if it was just luck or the trainning she was given. Im scared if I get another and put in all the time and effort in and it turns out shit.

without giving it try you will never know :thumbs: