How To Remove A Coil,from An Air Rifle Main Spring

hi guys

just thought i would do a quick video on showing how to remove a coil from a main spring from an air rifle.

this is another way you can lower the power of your rifle ,if you have the right tools.and to be fair there not that expensive :thumbs:

this works a treat,and has already proven great results with other members air rifles.

bringing the power down to 9.5ft/lbs or 10.5ft/lbs has a smoother cocking action,and is very consistent,one member has said :thumbs:

• Like 6

Cheers davy i rekon this will be pretty useful and help keep a few people on the right side of the law

hi Skot

i think your right :thumbs:

i have done mine,and no matter what heavy pellet i use,it still stays below the legal limit,that has to be a priority result!!! :thumbs:

Good on you Davy to share your expert knowledge with us. Tutorials like yours help and also inspire confidence for the novice to carry out work themselves.

Regards, Steve.

hi Steve

its hardly expert knowledge,i have spoke to several people who fettle,Andyfr1968,Wurz, with there help and actually seeing it done by John a trained gunsmith.it gave me the confidence to take on this task! so it just goes to show if you do your home work,you can achieve most fettle's :thumbs:

next challenge is a lathe,i have one lined up and for a good price :thumbs:

i just have to convince her indoors that it is definitely needed,as well as the arc welder :whistling::laugh:

Nicely done, Davy. :victory:

You need to send HW the link for this because they haven't got a clue how to do this properly!!! :laugh:

I was just thinking that andy while i was watching. good on you davy, its not that hard and could benifit loads of people, keep em straight !

atb phil :toast:

You need to send HW the link for this because they haven't got a clue how to do this properly!!! :laugh:

hi Andy

if there was any comment i was anxious about,it was yours :thumbs:

with your experience that comment means a lot to me! thank you so much! ooh you have made me blush :icon_redface:

thanks Andy i really appreciate your kind words :thumbs:

• Like 1

hi Andy

with your experience that comment means a lot to me! thank you so much! ooh you have made me blush :icon_redface:

Blimey!! Steady on, mate :laugh::icon_redface:

I'll bring my 'special' lube and some proper beer the next time I'm in Moonlight Valley :laugh::D

Cheers!! :victory:

hi Andy

Blimey!! Steady on, mate :laugh::icon_redface:

I'll bring my 'special' lube and some proper beer the next time I'm in Moonlight Valley :laugh::D

Cheers!! :victory:

:thumbs::thumbs:

Very useful vid Davy. I'd now happily do this one my own rifles if needed. It's great for folks like me, as I'm sure there are many others, who are confident with our hands and with mechanics, we just need showing the 'right way' to do things. Top job mate, thank you :thumbs::thumbs::toast:

Jim.

Edited by WoodsmanJim