Lamping Equipment (New Starter)

I'm looking at getting some equipment for my air rifle which will attach to my scope so I can go lamping on my permission.

Could anyone please recommend a good one to start out with?, I've had my eye on the "lenser P7" not very expensive and looks solid, just to let me test it out, but will it be enough?

I would be very grateful of any information / advise.

Thanks,

The lensers are cracking torches and the build quality is top notch, good led life and nice tight beams without much overspill.

Filtering can be an issue but if your going to just be using white light it wont be a problem.

Mounts are easilly available too,i think they are far superior to the cree style torches but some may disagree. As always you get what you pay for.

I too use a P7,very bright torch and adequate for my needs.You can buy a rifle kit with torch,mount and pressure switch for around £56.

I bought them separate on the Bay and won all three for £38 but well worth the £56+ price tag.

ATB

Mike

• Like 1

The ultra fire red led are not bad for their low price tag. You can get them as a complete kit for around forty quid. Cheaper if you source all the bits separate.

Don't get sucked in to the 5 and a half thousand lumen crap. It's all nonsense.

As a rule, cheap Chinese stuff, whatever it says the lumen output is you can half it to give you the true output.

The higher end torches get more accurate with what they state.

I have an 'ultrafire', I thinks it's an M508 model. It's ok, but not really enough for hunting with. Generally (but not exclusively) any of the "fire" brands on eBay will be Chinese copies of the SureFire torches. SureFire are American and make great but expensive torches. The lenser p7 looks good, although I've not used one myself plenty of other folks seem to rate them. Although to avoid confusion, P7's are still a Cree torch. Cree is the type of LED.

Jim

I remember someone on here saying quality street wrappers work well as filters on the p7.

My p7 is as bright as my maglite realy impressive for such a small torch.

They do!! Lol.

And it's them strawberry cream feckers that nobody likes!!