Deben Lithium Battery Packs

Im thinking of getting the 12v 22ah deben lithium battery pack for use with my lightforce striker 170 for the last 4 years ive used the deben 12v 17ah lead acid battery. Does anyone use these, if so pros and cons compared to lead acid, I just want to know the real users opinions as I dont want to go wasting my money. Cheers I look foward to reading your veiws

I got one last year after some pondering :laugh::laugh:

Well worth the cash mate light as a feather.

I used lump a 20amp about and after a long hard night with plenty rabbits it starts to become heavier lol.

At time Arther Carter was cheapest had a deal tracer lamp, deben battery filter free Dvd and voucher off next purchase..

Only thing I dont love is the Ciggy adaptor but mines not screwed me yet :laugh:

I recon other than the price you can knock them :victory:

1 bought my Deben battery with 17 amp and 1 million candle power lamp with an orange filter wait for it back in 19 76 still going but due to the weight of the battery 1 don't walk as fast now hows that for being worth the money misty 1

i use thew deben 14amp lithium but only run a 30 watt bulb, i lamped a bag of 71 rabbits last season and only used 2 L.E.D the 22amp lithium with a striker lamp should be more than enough i would have thought :thumbs: .

its the best money i ever spent on lamping equipment

I use them have done since they first came out, i got one a year old it never cime out the canvas bag since i had it, took it out the other day it looks terrible, my mate has a orange wildhunter one much better quality think i will try one of them next time around.

I got 2 22ah and have never realy had any problems with them. There both well used and i have never run them flat, you can get a few nights out before recharging. i use veriable lamps maybe thats why i get a lot of use from them.

Edited by csd_88

Seems like there is only good things to say about them I think im going to have to get one. £230 seems a bit expensive tho especially with only a 2 year warranty does anyone know the cheapest place to get one. Cheers

Seems like there is only good things to say about them I think im going to have to get one. £230 seems a bit expensive tho especially with only a 2 year warranty does anyone know the cheapest place to get one. Cheers

I just saw they sell them on here for £200 is there anywhere cheaper still ?

Lithium polymer batteries used to explode/catch on fire when under heavy load but I haven't had any problems with my 22ah lithium ion one as of yet... 2 years on still going strong I also have the variable 170 tracer the whole set up beats carrying a car battery round on an old metal framed rucksack!!! But I was a lot fitter then.... :hmm::laugh:

the way the batteries were internally wired in the early day could leed to problems with overheating the new ones don't have this problem unless you do something daft like charging with the wrong charger or placing it in a fire