Surprise New Rifle! (Weihrauch Content)

Well there I was just perusing the internet whilst having my lie-in this morning and what do I see but an interesting advert for a HW90 that was local-ish to me. Seemed like a bit of a bargain so although I wasn't really looking for a rifle right now, especially a gas ram break barrel, I thought I'd give the guy a call and see. Sure enough it was still there and sounded good so I went to see it. Now I've never owned, or even shot a gas ram rifle so I wasn't sure what to expect. A quick google reassured me that the HW90 was indeed in keeping with the rest of the Weihrauch range, that being that it was a fine rifle and accurate to fair ranges in the right hands. So, long story short I went to see it, fired one shot and fell in love. Fired another to make sure it wasn't a fluke, same thing! Just a dull thud, superbly short lock time and very little recoil. So I'm now a Weihrauch owner for the first time in my life! :D:D Apparently it was sent to Hull Cartridge to be serviced, new seals and set to 11ft/lb only 100 shots ago, so although she's an older model, internally she's good to go! The way it shoots I believe the guy too, so smooth and the power is spot on too.

Have some pics to make up for my rambling...

IMAG1815_zps68a40ee0.jpg

IMAG1816_zps7fab6f4b.jpg

IMAG1820_zpse39c2f81.jpg

An unexpected but not unwelcome turn of events today and I got to bed with one more rifle in the cupboard. Happy times!

Jim

• Like 1

Thanks guys, glad you all think it's decent too. I had that feeling I might've bought unwisely as I'm not really up to speed on Weihrauchs other than having handled hw100's and 97's and knowing they're a solid brand generally.

Stealthy - How many pairs of shoes does your Mrs own? The price was right mate, don't worry :thumbs:

BBB - gutted for you mate, that must've been a bad day. I hope to take lots with it, I was just thinking about going to .177 to have a faster pellet. This is .22 though, which I've always favoured really, and seeing as it's much quieter than my old 52 I reckon that'll make a lot of difference. I hope you're right!

Jim

The great thing about Weihrauch from years past is that, their rifles were built to last with the very best quality you could find in an air rifle. Even if the exterior quality is suffering from owners neglect, they are terrific on the inside.

I've never owned one of these but, I've shot with my mate here, AndyFR1968 who swears by his. I've shot well with his HW90 .20cal rifle and it's a little gem. A real little honey of a rifle. He keeps it in top fettle mind. :thumbs: Superb is not enough to describe it.

Well done on what will prove a great bargain!

Simon

• Like 3

I've had mine now for sixteen years from new. I strip, clean and re-grease the ram every two or three years. The thing's fired tens of thousands of pellets and has never let me down, in all that time and all that use in all weathers I've never had to replace one single part.

Just keep a light hold on it and the accuracy will be superb. They're the best break barrel rifle ever made, IMO, although there's plenty who will disagree. The older ones are better :thumbs::D

Got to agree with andyfr1968 jim, I have three ! A 90 TB, An fac 90, and i bought a spare that was going cheap just in case i needed a part or two, I replaced the trigger unit on the 90 TB after 21 years of HEAVY use, but that is the only thing in all that time.

Solid is the word i would use, solid and dependable. ENJOY IT !

atb phil

• Like 1

Thanks guys, glad you all think it's decent too. I had that feeling I might've bought unwisely as I'm not really up to speed on Weihrauchs other than having handled hw100's and 97's and knowing they're a solid brand generally.

Stealthy - How many pairs of shoes does your Mrs own? The price was right mate, don't worry :thumbs:

BBB - gutted for you mate, that must've been a bad day. I hope to take lots with it, I was just thinking about going to .177 to have a faster pellet. This is .22 though, which I've always favoured really, and seeing as it's much quieter than my old 52 I reckon that'll make a lot of difference. I hope you're right!

Jim

Cant see how man shoes, to many hadbags on top of them :laugh: