Nightvision And Standard Scope Adaptations Help ?

Is there a cheapish night vision gadget that will fit on a normal scope that would work well at night, I thought I saw a post on this some time ago where you could buy a night vision attachement to fit over eye piece of any scope,

Any idea's appreciated,

Deano

Deano - there are quite a few of these around. The one I use is the Pulsar Challenger. I fits to the back of my scope using a DSA (Day Scope Adapter). It's not a bad bit of kit but it's life, due to it being Gen1, is limited. However, I will warn you that I had more than a few problems setting it up to my satisfaction. But, now I've got it sorted, it's does the job and allows me to see eyeshine at 100 yards and identify and shoot bunnies at 40-50 yards. But that is with a good laser IR.

The bit of kit that I'm looking at getting once my NV finally bites the dust is one of these. This one is digital so it will last a lot longer. Equally though, it's more expensive.

Have a look around the Internet, there are lots of different options. Scott Country seems to have quite a wide range so may be a good place to start looking.

Lastly and probably the most important bit of advice I can give you is - don't rush into anything. Sort out a list of possibles and then make the effort to have a look through one (preferably using your setup). If the dealer isn't close to you or is unwilling to let you test one out, post something on here. You never know, there may be another member just down the road from you with exactly what you're looking for.

• Like 1

I have a Nite Site NS50, I would recommend it, however since they dumped the brick battery and swapped to a LiON battery, the price has damned skyrocketed to £500!!!

The LiON battery is cheaper than a lead acid, I cannot explain the extortionate price increase other than the fact someone has to pay for their failed court case!

You can get a Nite Eye N500 for under £400!

Guest scramble

Cheers for the info everyone, will be looking in to it soon,

Deano

Get yourself onto a NV forum and do some reading, you may even find someone close to you willing to show you there set-up.