Dont Know What To Go For

97 for me although the tx is very nice also, after shooting both i opted for the 97 fits me better :thumbs: ATB Aaron

And therein lies the answer.

I think this subject has been done to death hasn't it?

Both are very fine rifles and in the right hands can perform equally well. The 97 is apparently more tuneable, (although this may be because the TX is possibly a bit better engineered straight out the box?) Either way common opinion suggests a 97 seems to have more tuning potential and therefore has the potential to end up as a better rifle overall. But Aaron hits the key point - whats fits you best? a 97 might not be as comfortable to you and therefore you can tune the crap out of it, but it probably won't be as accurate in your hands as a standard TX if the TX fits you better. This principle works both ways, obviously.

So go and have a fondle of both, practice lifting them to your shoulder and you'll soon know which is right for YOU. That's all that really counts. Other people can say which they like, and comment about the technical differences, all of which can be very helpful. But in terms of whats best for you, only you can say.

Hope this helps and is genuinely not intended as a ranty whinge, just my two pence of advice which I hope helps you find the perfect rifle for you to enjoy your shooting with.

Jim

• Like 1