Firearms Question Please Help Me

No, you do not need to own any land.

You do need to persuade the police that your are an appropriate person and demonstrate "good reason" for the weapons requested.

It sounds as though you are at least part way there with rabbit control work available to you.

• Like 1

Just got a quick question, I am looking to apply for a firearms licence so I can have a .22lr for my work, we have came into a lot of rabbit control work 80+ sites, do I need land like a farmer to be granted a firearms licence ?

just get a letter from your boss on headed paper saying that you work for them etc, plus a copy of the companies public liability insurance and any other supporting documentation, as you will also require an open ticket upon grant of your fac

I doubt the police will grant an fac on the grounds that you are using it for work only,I assume this is your first application,so I would be very suprised if they did not require you to have access to some land that is passed for at least .22rf,and again if this is your first fac and you have no firearms experience dont be suprised if they put a mentor condition on you,and as for an open ticket on first application,good luck :blink: sorry to sound negative,but I would rather tell you straight so you know what you are in for,but I do wish you well with your fac :thumbs:

I doubt the police will grant an fac on the grounds that you are using it for work only,I assume this is your first application,so I would be very suprised if they did not require you to have access to some land that is passed for at least .22rf,and again if this is your first fac and you have no firearms experience dont be suprised if they put a mentor condition on you,and as for an open ticket on first application,good luck :blink: sorry to sound negative,but I would rather tell you straight so you know what you are in for,but I do wish you well with your fac :thumbs:

All he has to prove is "good reason" to be owning a firearm for a particular task. There are plenty of examples on here where members have been granted an FAC for pest control work and by it's nature it has to be an open certificate.

If it's a requirement of your line of work and a police force prevented your development or ability to do your job then they'd be leaving themselves wide open to a legal case.

If they begin to get funny about granting it, then a reminder from one of the shooting organisations about whether the police have any statutory power to impose mentoring or restrictions on where a firearm may be used in the line of professional work would do the trick as they haven't got that luxury.

SS :thumbs:

Thats great in theory ss,I might be wrong as he is in Scotland, and I am pretty sure they dont pass the land up there,but I still reckon he will need to provide land to shoot on before they grant it,keep us posted please op, as this will be interesting to see the outcome,best of luck pal.

Edited by charlie caller