Hi folk's . . . . . Any members on here that know there stuff on Toyota Hilux's . . . Preferably a Mark 4 pick up the same as I own.

Last couple of month's while changing direction . . . Turning corner's, going around roundabout's there has been a Dull knock clunk sound, firstly as your turning the corner and then again as you straighten up :hmm: When the clunk's arise there's no feeling of it thru the steering at all

Had a mechanic out few week's back and couldn't really find any movement in anything but as a 1st attempt / cheep fix he changed pair of bushes on the Anti roll bar. But this hasn't worked. He's been again this morning checking for any movement with a bar while the motor is on the ground and also jacked up. He's baffled with it and again can't find anything obvious.

Anyone with any experience of this or might know what it could be ? ?

Any info appreciated ;)

Sounds like the protective covers have come of the "bump stops" there are 2 on each front wheel, and only make contact on full lock. It's a common problem with Hilux's.. Use spray grease, on all four should stop it .

Just spoke to him and he reckons its the torsion bars ... They need nipping tight evenly .............

Cheer's for that Sock's . . . That's one of the thing's that we thought of but the Mechanic didn't mention that you could nipp them up tight

Sounds like the protective covers have come of the "bump stops" there are 2 on each front wheel, and only make contact on full lock. It's a common problem with Hilux's.. Use spray grease, on all four should stop it .

Paulus . . . It doesn't have to be in full lock to knock, do you think it could still be the same thing ?

Sorry to sound really "thick" but where about's do I spray the Grease then :icon_redface: Told you I didn't know a great deal about them :D

Paulus . . . It doesn't have to be in full lock to knock, do you think it could still be the same thing ?

Sorry to sound really "thick" but where about's do I spray the Grease then :icon_redface: Told you I didn't know a great deal about them :D

best picture i can find :laugh:

post-896-0-35627400-1366466165_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...