Which end of cumbria are you? I'm on merseyside and you'd be welcome to use mine, just might be a bugger of a drive for you. Any local shop/ range will do it for you, just if you expect it might be a little hot you probs don't want it doing by anyone else.

Jim

depends very much on the the people who run the range or own the shop. I'm not sure what, if any, legal obligations they would be under once they know someone has an unlicensed firearm. A good shop would probably just offer to detune it for you. The range i use regularly has on it's sign in sheet that if they find you have a hot gun, they will throw you off the range and MAY inform the police. I guess it depends on if your being a tosser about it or not. (I'm not suggesting you're a tosser btw! :laugh:​). But the fact it says MAY, not WILL suggests it's at their discretion and they're not legally bound to do so.

If you're under none of this matters anyway.

Sorry I can't give you hard legal advice, I don't actually know it in this case. My gaff is a hell of a drive from Maryport so I guess you'd be much better off finding something more local. If you ever down this way you'd still be welcome to pop in to run a string.

Jim

Rang the local range and they told me that they would have to inform police so I don't realy want to go down that road lol if I can't find anyone to help me in the next few weeks I mite take you up on that offer jim that's if it's still open then.

Gary