Im Needing A Little Help

Just took on a new rabbit job and done a risk assessment ive stated im going to use my air arms s300 but there asking what power it puts out and with air arms field diablo's whats the feet per second ?

Anybody use this combo that can help me out ?.

You'll have to test your individual rifle to assess its power as each rifle is different. Your local gun shop or club may have a chrono that you can borrow to find out its fps. Always handy to have a chrono yourself to keep an eye on the power :thumbs:

Just say it's a Sub12 :thumbs:

Having said that a mate of mine who got one from a shop as a sub12 turned out to be 23!!!!

Tony

I did i said its got to be under 12lbs or it would be on my fire arms cert

get it checked out at your local gun shop , also why not buy your own chrono if your going to be asked the power for risk assessments

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/details.asp?cat=Chronographs&SubCat=Shooting%20Chrony%20Chronographs&Product=3047

Cheers thats a lot cheaper than i though it would be .

Its where i took you and even with your shooting we got 33 its too good to turn down for a wee bit of bother , more so with the amount i saw and there already breeding :thumbs:

Think im sorted at 11.7 ftlb, with air airms field diablos at 16 grain thats 574 feet a second ?.

TURN IT DOWN and quick sharp :yes:

My Ultra was tested with AAF's at 11.74-75 by RFD

Piggies chronoed it with Biz Mags at 21grains. Output was 13.04 ft/lbs :wallbash:

:cray:

Tony

I would say that is definitely too close to the mark with a 16gr pellet. Bisley Mags or some other very heavy pellet would have to be a horrid fit in your barrel for that to not be plenty the wrong side of 12ft/lbs. That said, it's worth testing a variety of heavier and lighter pellets (cos that's what the cops will do) and see what your results are. Do it somewhere private though, just in case! You don't want anybody snitching you out before you've had the chance to detune the gun! Pellet weights and velocities and power levels are funny things and can vary so much gun to gun, pellet to pellet. so you might be fine, or you might get a surprise. Either way, better safe than sorry.

Jim

Think im sorted at 11.7 ftlb, with air airms field diablos at 16 grain thats 574 feet a second ?.

TURN IT DOWN and quick sharp :yes:

My Ultra was tested with AAF's at 11.74-75 by RFD

Piggies chronoed it with Biz Mags at 21grains. Output was 13.04 ft/lbs :wallbash:

:cray:

Tony

when I was testing power and pellets I found that pcp s with short barrels gave a lot more power increase with heavy pellets than pcp s with longer barrels .That is at 12 ftlbs ultra has a short barrel but he should still check with a heavy pellet or two.