Hunting In London 1930 ! Film Clip

nice old clip that,yes times have changed and not all for the better moorman lol.

yes thats very true but.... not always for the worse. I like most people on here am working class and I often think that if I was born in the 'golden era' of hunting would I as a simple rat catcher be able to afford to travel all over the country hunting as often as I wished. There are a few really expensive hunts (just like there are exclusive golf clubs) but almost anyone now could if they so wished drive anywhere in the country, hire a horse and hunt alongside the richest men in the country. I know lads who work in factories and save up for a 3 grand mountain bike, I know thats a bit off topic but my point is yes times change but if you take advantage in whats available now, for the average man, despite road building and anti's and all the rest, there is still a wealth of sport to be had!

good clip though, like how they ride across the football field!!!

• Like 1

nice old clip that,yes times have changed and not all for the better moorman lol.

yes thats very true but.... not always for the worse. I like most people on here am working class and I often think that if I was born in the 'golden era' of hunting would I as a simple rat catcher be able to afford to travel all over the country hunting as often as I wished. There are a few really expensive hunts (just like there are exclusive golf clubs) but almost anyone now could if they so wished drive anywhere in the country, hire a horse and hunt alongside the richest men in the country. I know lads who work in factories and save up for a 3 grand mountain bike, I know thats a bit off topic but my point is yes times change but if you take advantage in whats available now, for the average man, despite road building and anti's and all the rest, there is still a wealth of sport to be had!

good clip though, like how they ride across the football field!!!

good point dido ,we are of course much better off present day as working class ect,in the great sceam of things most have a good crack, i was more thinking about the old digging days of my youth,it was no big deal to walk up the village with a terrier and spade,short cut through the school yard,pass the time of day with some local dog lad on way back ,with muddy dog at ya side,get the picture,sorry if my remark sounded flippant,

For a time during the 30's my grandad who was a senior NCO with the royal artillery, was connected to the horse side of things and one time he grabbed a whip from one of the "gentlemen" and said that if he continued to hit the horse in the way he was, he would be hit himself!! Didnt hurt his career, he continued on to be an RSM during WW2. - true story :thumbs: He was one of those old school types but during the war let his lads call him by his first name :thumbs:

if they are drag hounds did they not hunt the clean boot,that looked like proper quarry,fair amount of mounted folk there ,good clip.

blood hounds hunt clean boot. drag hounds hunt a dragged scent. The RA hunt hunted foxes on sailsbury plain didnt they? did they go from drag to fox? or did they hunt both? or am I completely mixed up?